Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'loon'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Skiing and Snowboarding
    • Northeast Ski and Snowboard Discussion
    • Miscellaneous Discussions
    • Ski Trip Reports
    • Weather and Conditions
    • Ski and Snowboard Gear
    • Ski Area Guides
  • Announcements and General Discussion
    • Outdoor Activities & Sports Discussion
    • Announcements and Help


  • Maine Ski Areas
  • New Hampshire Ski Areas
  • Vermont Ski Areas
    • Killington
  • Massachusetts Ski Areas
  • New York Ski Areas
  • Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New Jersey Ski Areas
  • Pennsylvania Ski Areas


  • Race skis
  • Frontside skis
  • Mixed-snow skis
  • Powder skis
  • Snowboards
  • Other Gear


  • Vermont
  • New Hampshire
  • Maine
  • New York
  • Southern States
  • Other

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Home Mountain


About Me


Found 5 results

  1. Free the trees. Picture dump from 3/4
  2. Hi, I'm off work from March 10-18 and plan to head up to VT/NH for some skiing, mostly using my Max Pass, which I haven't deployed this year as much as I thought I would. I haven't been plugged into New England weather or conditions much, and am seeking any feedback on my plans, such as better alternatives or general comments on conditions. I like spring skiing and understand the conditions will be variable; just trying to make the most of my time and Max pass. The current plan is to work my way north, hitting Stratton and Okemo for a few days (maybe stray from the Max pass and visit Magic just because I've not been there before) and then head up to Loon. I have a ticket for Wildcat on the 16th that I bought for crazy cheap on Liftopia, and I've not been there either). I've got come cheap, hostel-type accommodations lined up, but they are easily changeable if need be. I still have five days at Killington on my pass, but was thinking of saving those and seeing if I can get a late-spring weekend or two in before the season ends. (Though it looks pretty catastrophic out there right now). What say you New Englanders; will this strategy get me some decent turns, or should I adjust anything? Thanks!
  3. Skied Loon today from about 9:30AM - 2:30PM. Wasn't too busy, and warmed up nicely (got to the mid twenties or so (F) ). Stuck to the trails (no woods for me today), getting used to my new boot liners and orthotics. (Speaking of which, I can't recommend the folks at Richelson's enough) Snow was groomed packed power / hardpack basically everywhere. Everything was skiing very nice today, and no lift lines to speak of. Only exception was the gondola, which had a 2/3 minute wait in the singles line, but it always does. They are blasting out a ton of snow over in the West Basin area (Rumrunner, Blue Ox, Rampasture, Coolidge Street, Lower Speakeasy). On South Peak, Ripsaw isn't open yet, but it's close. There were groomers pushing out the snowmaking piles, so I wouldn't be surprised to see that open in the next day or two. Cover everywhere that I could see is nice and deep. If this storm delivers, I would expect 100% of the mountain to be in play on Friday (as long as it isn't too windy to turn the lifts.) I will put some pictures up in a bit, but wanted to post something before I forgot. Also, in important news: The tap list at the Bunyan Room is pretty solid. Had a couple mid-day beers over there. Worth a visit if you need a break: https://untappd.com/v/paul-bunyan-room/104859 Trace log: http://snow.traceup.com/stats?id=2850&vId=2715440 -w
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.