Well that's a wrap on my season after an amazing day at Wildcat on Saturday. I have been maintaining a spreadsheet since 2011 as a means to keep track of my skiing days. It helps to look back and remember certain days in past seasons and I like to keep lists of things. I do the same for the # of times I golf each yr.

So with that here are my season statistics---be interested in reading about any others who have done this.

51 Days
47 East Coast, 4 Utah
States: NH, VT, Utah
Cost/day: $21.00
East Coast Cost/day: $13.23 (the 4 days in Utah on the Mtn Collective pass ended up not being a wise purchase in hindsight as I could have used the vouchers that came with the hotel but oh well)

Cost/day on Peaks Pass: $12.48 (40 days)
Season length: 146 days (Nov 19 to April 21)
11 Unique mtns skied

Tons of fun skiing with my family. 5 yr old made awesome progress and its such a joy to watch him development on skis. Got my 2 yr old out for probably 20 days or so and he's starting to come along.
My wife had a great season and we stayed married despite me pushing this hobby/passion a bit hard on her at times haha.
Has an awesome time skiing with and meeting new friends from this board. Adult Race League team improved this yr and I look forward to doing it again in 2019.

Far too much $ spent on F+B at the mtns but hey only live once right?!
Been a great 17-18 ski season but all good things must come to an end. Now on to getting the boat in the water and swinging the golf sticks a little bit.

• Like 2

We wrapped it up at Wildcat on Saturday was well.  It was our first year with our ski house, and boy did we put it use.  We skied every weekend, had lots a friends and family over, and had a great time on the slopes and off.  My oldest (9) has shown himself to be the best skier in the family. The middle guy (7) will ski anything his big brother will, and the youngest (4) is right on their heels, skiing every non-glade at Cannon and some pretty steep glades at Bretton Woods!

The final breakdown looked like this:

Cannon: 24 days

Bretton Woods: 18 days

Waterville: 2 days

Sugarloaf: 2 days

Wildcat: 1 day

Total cost/day for family of 5 at Superpass mountains: $67/day/family or $13.40/day/person

We have 1 more year with the youngest skiing for free, so yay!

• Like 1

I hate to do this now because I don't want to believe it's over.  But it won't change too much anyway:

• 38 days.  Slightly below average, but I had made a pre-season goal not to chase a day count and instead do other activities based on conditions (XC, MTB, Hiking, etc).  I did a good god of meeting that goal.
  • 34 snowboard + 4 ski.  That's a huge swing towards snowboarding compared to the past few years.  But I'm riding the best board I've ever owned and I just can't put it down.
  • 6 different places (but mostly Cannon). 
  • Cost per day = $19.69  (coincidently the year I was born).
  • Highlights:  2 weeks in March that were some of the best conditions I've ever ridden anywhere, ever!   Hitting some new lines at Cannon after so many decades of riding there.  Good company all season.  Finally a spring day at Wildcat this past weekend.
  • Lowlights: Cancelling a trip to UT because I was deathly ill.  All the days of conditions that went terribly bad after only one or two days of being good.  Cannon's shitty closing weekend.  Getting rejected by a sidecountry line that I just wasn't ready for. 
  • Like 1

Well I had a good season , 43 days,  lots of vertical, fairly fortunate with snow on my two ski trips , could of skied more during the January- February meltdowns but chose not to, March was great , last day at Wildcat on Saturday was fantastic , Sorry not to hang out with the group that was there , I was on a mission as the skiing was so good and I knew it was my last day of the year.  looking forward to next year , I bought my passes and am prepping the ski's for next year. On to Boating !!!

• Like 1

80 days and still going strong.
23 days on my Peaks Pass traveler pass. $13 a day
13 unique mountains
Skied Dartmouth Skiway for the first time.
Highlights- Several incredible days at Wildcat. Many great days skiing with my kids. Turns through the woods at my home hill always are a highlight to me. Competing in the Berkshire Highland penthalon.

Lowlights- Hit a rough patch right when the skiing got really good mid March. I got the flu and pneumonia put me out for about a week. Busted ribs from a bad crash at Jay Peak a couple weeks ago. Put me out for a couple weeks. Midseason skiing was pretty lousy for a bit.

All in all a good season all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right now Im at 42 Days, season high for me as a day tripper. Didn't do many overnight trips.

9 days at Killington, some were pretty epic after/ during storms of early March.....8 and 9th !

27 Days at Cannon, some REALLY good but some sucked Big time.....Closing weekend will be hard to forget for a long long time !

2 days at Bretton Woods for the NMS meet up and Demo day.....Good Times !

and 1 day each at Loon,Magic,Burke and Wildcat.With loon being the outlier all the other Single days were pretty Awesome.

Highlights of my Season would be without a doubt Gunsight at Cannon !! Thanks to Cannonballer and FCKSummer for bringing me along for that Epic day.

Magic and Burke were really great in their own ways,  definitely want to get back there again next year.

Wildcat Last weekend was probably the Best non powder day EVER ! The conditions were simply amazing !

Meeting the Wildcat regulars and other NMSers was pretty Awesome too.

Not sure if Im done just yet, I feel another Wildcat day coming this weekend and possibly get back to Killington if the weather cooperates !

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Puck it said:

I think I am in the 40ish range. I dont really keep an exact track.  

Mostly Cannon

10 is at Kton.

2 at Loon 

1 at Magic.

Forget 3 days at Bretton Woods

2 minutes ago, Puck it said:

Forget 3 days at Bretton Woods

I think you wanted to Forget at least 2 of those days !

Not done skiing in the west yet, but can summarize the season for the northeast and Mid-Atlantic.  Have skied at 12 mountains so far.

12 days in the northeast (NY, MA, VT, NH) including first time at Killington, Jiminy Peak, Berkshire East, and Tenney.  Also returned to Belleayre and Wachusett.

11 days in the Mid-Atlantic, mostly at my home mountain Massanutten but also met up with friends at Montage in PA one Saturday.

Highlights include first lesson on tele skis at Belleayre, testing out Mad Russian skis at Wachusett, catching a 20-inch storm at Jiminy in March, and checking out Tenney.

Only disappointment was that the Belleayre gondola wasn't operational yet when I was there in December.

My trips out west so far included a trip to Taos and Telluride, and a spring break trip to Alta with a day at Snowbird.  Definitely making good use of the MCP.  A Taos Ski Week is amazing.  Getting to ski with my daughter at Alta in fresh powder was great fun.  Haven't done that since she was in 6th grade and now she's a junior in high school.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ABV said:

Burke were really great

I have a pass there , let me know when you are going and we can try to meet up , great woods 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 10:15 PM, Brad J said:

I have a pass there , let me know when you are going and we can try to meet up , great woods 

I will definitely do that ! Burke was really fun ! 

Um — 36 days, seven mountains, all EC (Sunapee, Okemo, Crotched, Killington, Stowe, Sugarbush, Snow — in order of frequency).

Family obligations (house building, college hunting) shut me down in late March, so I missed the April goodness.

92 days, 1.2 million vertical feet.   Would have finally hit 100 this year, but missed 3 ½ weeks due to an injury.  It was a great season.

52 Wachusett

25 Berkshire East

5 Vail

5 Killington

4 Mount Snow

1 Copper Mountain

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 2:35 PM, MarzNC said:

Not done skiing in the west yet, but can summarize the season for the northeast and Mid-Atlantic.  Have skied at 12 mountains so far.

12 days in the northeast (NY, MA, VT, NH) including first time at Killington, Jiminy Peak, Berkshire East, and Tenney.  Also returned to Belleayre and Wachusett.

11 days in the Mid-Atlantic, mostly at my home mountain Massanutten but also met up with friends at Montage in PA one Saturday.

Just got back from a late, late season trip to explore the ski resorts still open in early May with my main ski buddy.  The three days at Mt. Bachelor in southern Oregon were fabulous.  We also checked out Mt. Hood Meadows, which was good fun until noon but it was a week or two too late for the best skiing.  Squaw had pretty limited terrain up top even for advanced skiers so it was only worth stopping by because my ski buddy and I had the MCP.  Worth getting a first look since we'd never been before.  The two days at Mammoth were also on the MCP.  The open terrain there was much more fun than Squaw.

For trips that started with a flight out west, I ended up with 31 days, and 27 were based on using MCP.  I went to six MCP locations, or five if you count Alta/Snowbird as a single location even though they were separate MCP destinations (2 + 2 days included possible).  Repeat locations were 7 days at Taos in Feb and 13 days at Alta plus 1 at Snowbird during late season.  Checked out Telluride for the first time skiing 3 days in Feb.  Final trip in May started with 3 days at Mt. Bachelor, a day trip to Mt. Hood Meadows from Sunriver, and then skiing in the morning at Squaw before two days at Mammoth.

Bonus for the trip in May was two days in Death Valley National Park before flying home non-stop from Las Vegas.  That place is amazing!

My overall ski days total is 54:

12 northeast (NY, MA, VT, NH)

11 mid-Atlantic (VA, PA)

31 west (UT, OR, CA)

Edited by MarzNC
  • Like 2

Sadly I was done a week before I wanted to be. I did manage to hit my goal of 75 which is the most I have skied in a season by about double. I hope to hit 100 next year as I'll be living near night skiing.  

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, MarzNC said:

Just got back from a late, late season trip to explore the ski resorts still open in early May with my main ski buddy.  The three days at Mt. Bachelor in southern Oregon were fabulous.  We also checked out Mt. Hood Meadows, which was good fun until noon but it was a week or two too late for the best skiing.  Squaw had pretty limited terrain up top even for advanced skiers so it was only worth stopping by because my ski buddy and I had the MCP.  Worth getting a first look since we'd never been before.  The two days at Mammoth were also on the MCP.  The open terrain there was much more fun than Squaw.

For trips that started with a flight out west, I ended up with 31 days, and 27 were based on using MCP.  I went to six MCP locations, or five if you count Alta/Snowbird as a single location even though they were separate MCP destinations (2 + 2 days included possible).  Repeat locations were 7 days at Taos in Feb and 13 days at Alta plus 1 at Snowbird during late season.  Checked out Telluride for the first time skiing 3 days in Feb.  Final trip in May started with 3 days at Mt. Bachelor, a day trip to Mt. Hood Meadows from Sunriver, and then skiing in the morning at Squaw before two days at Mammoth.

Bonus for the trip in May was two days in Death Valley National Park before flying home non-stop from Las Vegas.  That place is amazing!

My overall ski days total is 54:

12 northeast (NY, MA, VT, NH)

11 mid-Atlantic (VA, PA)

31 west (UT, OR, CA)

You really get around!  I hope we cross paths next year in UT...or maybe at MNut :-)

• Like 1

33 Days

Trace Stats:

Vertical: 585.1k
Distance: 464 mi
Jumps: 1.3k
Calories: 34.4k
Slope Time: 1.6 days
Sustained Speed: 49.1 mph
Max Speed: 73 mph

1 hour ago, fcksummer said:

33 Days

Trace Stats:

How many oz of DIPA?

1 hour ago, fcksummer said:

33 Days

Trace Stats:

Dang, I've got to improve my stamina.  I've got 5 days more than you but ~150k vert less.