Bootfitters around Boston?

Came across a blog article by The Ski Monster about ski boots that was really well done.  Wondering if anyone has worked with them for boots after the store opened in Boston in 2014?  Not too many options for boot fitters in North Carolina.  I need new liners at least.  Shells aren't that old but do have 100+ days already.  Will have some time in Boston before the next ski season starts.  Any other suggestions for boot fitters in the Boston area?

https://theskimonster.com/blog/posts/ski-boot-fitting-flex-width-liners-hike-modes-and-shell-design/

I do not have personal experience with The Ski Monster, but have a few friends that have been happy getting boots there.  Also in the area and very reputable, are Boston Ski and Tennis in Newton,  Summit in Framingham, and Wachusett's on mountain bootfitter.  If you go to Summit, bring your skis too as their tunes are the best.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kdaffy said:

I do not have personal experience with The Ski Monster, but have a few friends that have been happy getting boots there.  Also in the area and very reputable, are Boston Ski and Tennis in Newton,  Summit in Framingham, and Wachusett's on mountain bootfitter.  If you go to Summit, bring your skis too as their tunes are the best.

Thanks!  I wandered into Summit in Framingham a couple years ago since it's relatively close to Waltham where I usually stay when visiting my daughter.  But it's hard to tell just looking around how good the boot fitting experience would be.

Thanks!  I wandered into Summit in Framingham a couple years ago since it's relatively close to Waltham where I usually stay when visiting my daughter.  But it's hard to tell just looking around how good the boot fitting experience would be.
They are a masterfit shop and member of America's Best bootfitters...I'll ask my buddy who he worked with, but the owner did a great job on my last pair of boots
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, MarzNC said:

Came across a blog article by The Ski Monster about ski boots that was really well done.  Wondering if anyone has worked with them for boots after the store opened in Boston in 2014?  Not too many options for boot fitters in North Carolina.  I need new liners at least.  Shells aren't that old but do have 100+ days already.  Will have some time in Boston before the next ski season starts.

If only the liner that's what you need get  intuition and be done with it.  a lot of money saved right here can be spent on Mad Russian skis:D

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, MadRussian said:

If only the liner that's what you need get  intuition and be done with it.  a lot of money saved right here can be spent on Mad Russian skis:D

Yep, that's the plan.  I was hoping to use the Intuition liners from my previous pair of boots but that liner model doesn't seem to work well with my current 3-buckle boots.  Previous pair were 4-buckle.

As for Mad Russian skis, while they were good fun, too long to carry.  ;-)

1 hour ago, Brad J said:

Spend the money and get Zipfit liners , My son just got Zipfits nfornhis 3 Buckle Daleboot with great results

One of the reasons I liked the Intuition liners was that with more room for toes then my feet stayed warmer.  My impression is that is not necessarily the case with Zipfits.  But I'd be willing to talk to a boot fitter who has experience with both.

My general thought is that boot fitters do not like or push zipfits, because they will not see you for years , I think the toe area is very generous with the zipfits and they have wool in toe box. Email the Zipfit founder  Sven Coomer and talk to him , he is very good at explaining his product and it benefits. all the contact info is on their web site.

• Like 2

Patiently browsing and bookmarking eBay can often snag a unused or NOS factory liner for ski boots if a normal size and common model. The zipfit buyer will usually try and recoup some cost by flipping a unused or barely used factory liner. I’ve scored using this strategy multiple times.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Brad J said:

My general thought is that boot fitters do not like or push zipfits, because they will not see you for years , I think the toe area is very generous with the zipfits and they have wool in toe box. Email the Zipfit founder  Sven Coomer and talk to him , he is very good at explaining his product and it benefits. all the contact info is on their web site.

Good to know.  I'll definitely do some reading on the Zipfit website.  Did notice that Footloose at Mammoth is a dealer.  Going to be there for a couple days in May so can stop in to chat.

There are a few Ski Divas who love Zipfits.  In general, they have low volume feet.  That's not an issue for me.

My sense is that most ski shops that carry custom liners pick a brand and stick with it.  Although the Powder House at Alta switched from Intuition to another brand a few years ago.  I got my Intuition liners from that shop during a late season trip.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:46 PM, Weatherman said:

I go back and forth on whether you are likely to pack out a liner or destroy the shell first. I think I've just had bad luck with shells in my last two boots.

intuition liner supposed to last long time. zipfit even longer. 

just wonder what's happened with your shell?