frapcap

Lettuce talk about grass

On 5/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, Weatherman said:

Anybody have experience building a patio

Real, or half-assed?  If you count the kind that looks like it has been there for a decade or two  only a year later...     But considering we always buy old houses, I like things that don't look new.  Last year I did a slate one surrounding a granite block fire-pit, with random spacing that I am starting to fill in with creeping thyme, and a small brick one so I would have a level spot for a table near DH's bbq.  The half-assed kind is pretty easy.  In other words- digging down several inches, compacting gravel and stone dust for drainage, setting the stone while carefully checking for level every step of the way is not part of my repetoire.   The slate one requires a little more weeding, but that should get better as the thyme spreads.  The brick one is set in a bed of sand, and so far so good.

On 5/20/2018 at 3:00 PM, BumpOut said:

I figured out what to do with that trouble spot on my back lawn...!

540D1F4B-5C17-45E7-9A65-AB0585A5E38D.jpeg

Insurance companies love those almost as much as pit bulls and slides for pools.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:09 AM, Smellytele said:

Insurance companies love those almost as much as pit bulls and slides for pools.

Something they can up-charge for. Or a good reason to deny your claims. They can turn anything into profit.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:35 AM, Weatherman said:

The long range forecast looks favorable. This is the time of year to put down the grass seed. Get at it!

Grass seed planted today is grass that needs to be mowed on some future weekend when you'd rather be doing something else. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Grass seed planted today is grass that needs to be mowed on some future weekend when you'd rather be doing something else. 

Yeah, maybe this time of year that is true. But during the summer I mow after work. October is when it gets tricky because you lose daylight.