Just now, Cannonballer said:

It's more like a rock farm than garden! It was basically like that for over a mile.  I was happy to be on the fat tires at low PSI. 

That is bone jarring just thinking about it.

• Like 1

My son and I demoed a couple of Santa Cruz Bronsons today from the factory. Mine was a large and completely blinged out. Carbon frame, carbon wheels, Fox factory 36 fork and factory shock, XX1, and Code brakes. My son's was almost as nice. Carbon frame, carbon wheels, fox elite 36 fork and fox shock, X01, and Guide brakes. We did a full 4 hour ride in Wilder Ranch state park. It's a very cool place to ride, but the trails were dusty and slick. Our favorite trails were Enchanted Loop and Zane Grey. Enchanted Loop has some crazy root drops and Zane Grey was a fun downhill with lots of exposed rock. The people at Santa Cruz were super nice and dialed our suspensions in for both of us, and then laid out a route for us to ride. Definitely worth checking out if you're ever in the area.IMG_20180808_153854_059.jpgMVIMG_20180808_110030.jpgIMG_20180808_110007.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

My son and I demoed a couple of Santa Cruz Bronsons today from the factory. Mine was a large and completely blinged out. Carbon frame, carbon wheels, Fox factory 36 fork and factory shock, XX1, and Code brakes. My son's was almost as nice. Carbon frame, carbon wheels, fox elite 36 fork and fox shock, X01, and Guide brakes. We did a full 4 hour ride in Wilder Ranch state park. It's a very cool place to ride, but the trails were dusty and slick. Our favorite trails were Enchanted Loop and Zane Grey. Enchanted Loop has some crazy root drops and Zane Grey was a fun downhill with lots of exposed rock. The people at Santa Cruz were super nice and dialed our suspensions in for both of us, and then laid out a route for us to ride. Definitely worth checking out if you're ever in the area.IMG_20180808_153854_059.thumb.jpg.e179d56fd574f3ac8ea20716f283f8b0.jpgMVIMG_20180808_110030.thumb.jpg.0b4ad51bd507688ad4802b755bb1e4fc.jpgIMG_20180808_110007.thumb.jpg.799d15ab47020ec8936d2e9ebb3997ad.jpg

So I take it that's in/near Santa Cruz? I've spent a lot of time in SC but never in a MTB mode. Makes me want to go back for some riding!

So I take it that's in/near Santa Cruz? I've spent a lot of time in SC but never in a MTB mode. Makes me want to go back for some riding!
Yup. Our first time out here. We really like it. The bikes are $40 for four hours and they'll provide flats or you can bring your own. They have demos of just about all their bikes in all sizes. Incredible bikes but I'll probably never own one. List on the one I was riding was $9500!

Yup. Our first time out here. We really like it. The bikes are $40 for four hours and they'll provide flats or you can bring your own. They have demos of just about all their bikes in all sizes. Incredible bikes but I'll probably never own one. List on the one I was riding was $9500!

Yeah, not going $10k for a bike! But I'd rent every weekend at that price!

SC is a blast...for a short time. First time I went I planned to be there for 2 days but stayed for 2 weeks because I loved it so much. After 2 weeks, I pretty much had my fill and needed to get out ASAP!

Yeah, not going $10k for a bike! But I'd rent every weekend at that price!

SC is a blast...for a short time. First time I went I planned to be there for 2 days but stayed for 2 weeks because I loved it so much. After 2 weeks, I pretty much had my fill and needed to get out ASAP!
Definitely a cool place. We're only here for a couple of days and then heading up to SF. Now I'm wishing we were going to be here longer.

• Like 1

Spent 12 hours towing a boat from VA to MA today.  Absolutely had to go for a ride when I got home just to move some muscles.  Wow is it getting dark early now!  Could barely see the last mile.  Excited to break out the lights and get some cooler air.  Not to mention thinking about the skis!

10 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Spent 12 hours towing a boat from VA to MA today.  Absolutely had to go for a ride when I got home just to move some muscles.  Wow is it getting dark early now!  Could barely see the last mile.  Excited to break out the lights and get some cooler air.  Not to mention thinking about the skis!

I'm anxiously awaiting the cool air too. I got a brief taste camping at elevation last week. We only have 2 more weeks until September!

Had a good crash last night.  I went over the handlebars and landed on the top of my head and right shoulder aka bad shoulder.  I hit a hole or something going down a short steep pitch. I am glad I was wearing a helmet.  Helmet took the brunt of the impact and I felt it.  The shoulder is a little tender this morning.  Middle finger on left hand is swollen quite a bite.  The bike is okay except for a taco'ed front wheel.

3 hours ago, Puck it said:

Had a good crash last night.  I went over the handlebars and landed on the top of my head and right shoulder aka bad shoulder.  I hit a hole or something going down a short steep pitch. I am glad I was wearing a helmet.  Helmet took the brunt of the impact and I felt it.  The shoulder is a little tender this morning.  Middle finger on left hand is swollen quite a bite.  The bike is okay except for a taco'ed front wheel.

IMG_1253.MOV

I was really hoping the video would be of the fall. 

• Haha 1

That looks pretty good to me. Just ride it

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, Puck it said:

you are one of those!!!

Who isn't? I know there are at least two GoPro videos of me eating shit in a big way while skiing. They're points of pride.

So F'ing hot out I opted for my first night ride of the year.  As close to the water as possible and zero climbing made it cool enough to survive 9.5 miles. First time I've taken the fat bike on the beach - what a blast!  Had the lights available but for the most part just rode by moonlight.

4thcliff.thumb.JPG.a4e0e7b807aca1943c108a8ce0204daf.JPG

IMG_20180828_213923808_LL.thumb.jpg.f8d5961e7e60323a77539099ca3dc039.jpg

58 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

So F'ing hot out I opted for my first night ride of the year.  As close to the water as possible and zero climbing made it cool enough to survive 9.5 miles. First time I've taken the fat bike on the beach - what a blast!  Had the lights available but for the most part just rode by moonlight.

4thcliff.thumb.JPG.a4e0e7b807aca1943c108a8ce0204daf.JPG

IMG_20180828_213923808_LL.thumb.jpg.f8d5961e7e60323a77539099ca3dc039.jpg

Agre totally in the heat.  I am still waiting for my front wheel to be built.  Night riding will be the norm soon.

Today I made the mistake of biking up Binghamton aquaterra Park, formerly the Innsbruck USA ski area. It’s 500 vertical and pretty steep. I expected it to be dry but it was not so this happened daef45bb5ce73b9c16a86260305e2495.jpg

Here are a few more pictures
Here is one from an old ski trail with a bike trail built into the side. Made an excellent berm. 66e9dff5e887ebca39748573b736a632.jpg

4bd9ec8b17c859afde714123b09b996c.jpg[

This is apparently what happened if a ski area does not build water bars when they regrade a trail.

a6a258bddaab559986e0a5817858a3d7.jpg

From. The bottom looking to the top. The ski area mostly grew in except some narrow trails so I can’t make them out from here.
3b04b97b73da919970f3a84894d637a0.jpg

August turned out to be pretty decent in spite of the brutal heat and a bunch of work travel. Hoping September and October are even better. Although I still have some work travel and daylight is becoming an issue. It's been one of my best MTB summers ever. I was inspired back in the spring to get in shape for ski season. Now I almost don't want the winter to interrupt the bike season!Screenshot_20180908-135256-01.jpeg

• Like 1

Rode last night.  The good news is that the bugs are better.  But the wood snakes were out in force last night.   The damp conditions made it treacherous.  I almost bought it five times and a couple were on downhills at speed.

Couple of amazing rides in the North country this weekend. It was a wake up call...fall is here and winter is knocking at the door.

Kingdom Trails on Sunday morning, started the ride at 35f.

IMG_20180923_082832183.thumb.jpg.4562eafce5aefb368358ae96fc6a4853.jpg

It was another perfect ride at KT. The place never disappoints. Fast, flowy, beautiful scenery, cool people. So many kids and families and just people having fun!

Previous day was at PRKR Mtn. Definitely a different animal. At PRKR you know you're in the Granite State. The rocks and tight turns make it hard to find flow. But the challenge and adventure is well worth it!

(Pics all whacked and of order. Adding pics to post via mobile app is painful!)

Was riding local trail at daybreak this morning.  A deer was standing in the middle of the trail about 50-ft ahead. She had no interest in moving.  We watched her for a few minutes then I turned to my left and another one was standing about 8-ft away from me!  I didn't get a pic of that one because it bounded away when I reached for my phone.  Eventually we had to scare the other one off just so we could pass.  It only walked a few feet off the trail then followed us a ways as we went by.  Weird behavior!

deer.jpg

• Like 1