Loon selling their Gondola cabins.

Just got this from Loon to passholders....

Pass Holder Exclusive Offer: Claim Your Piece of History
We have some exciting news to share with you. We’re upgrading our Gondola cabins this summer! Within the next several weeks, we’ll take the existing cabins offline and replace them with a more modern, 4-seat version.

But what will become of the old Gondola cabins, you ask? Good Question. We’ve decided to put them up for sale – and as a season pass holder, you’ll get a chance to buy before anyone else.

Whether you’ve got plans to turn your Gondola into a Man Cave, She Shed, or backyard treehouse, this is your big chance to own a piece of Loon’s history. Don’t miss out.

Loon Mountain Gondola Auction
This is your chance to own a piece of Loon's history! We're replacing our Gondola cabins this summer, and need to find good homes for the cabins that have served us so well over the years. All cabins for sale are from Loon's second-generation Doppelmayr gondola, which began transporting passengers to the summit of Loon Peak during the 1988/89 season. Just find a cabin you like and place a bid. 

CABIN DETAILS 
All gondola cabins are unique and have their own sets of blemishes, imperfections, etc.: 
-Cabin weight: 460 lbs. 
-Dimensions: 7 ft. tall, 5 ft. wide, 6 ft. deep 
-No top hanger 
-No ski rack on left door. 
-Cabins are fastened to wood pallet to assist with transportation.

Cost is $1,250.  I'm debating it.  Kinda pricey and I'm not really sure what I'd do with one.  But I hate to miss opportunities!

On 6/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, Cannonballer said:

Just got this from Loon to passholders....

Pass Holder Exclusive Offer: Claim Your Piece of History
We have some exciting news to share with you. We’re upgrading our Gondola cabins this summer! Within the next several weeks, we’ll take the existing cabins offline and replace them with a more modern, 4-seat version.

But what will become of the old Gondola cabins, you ask? Good Question. We’ve decided to put them up for sale – and as a season pass holder, you’ll get a chance to buy before anyone else.

Whether you’ve got plans to turn your Gondola into a Man Cave, She Shed, or backyard treehouse, this is your big chance to own a piece of Loon’s history. Don’t miss out.

Loon Mountain Gondola Auction
This is your chance to own a piece of Loon's history! We're replacing our Gondola cabins this summer, and need to find good homes for the cabins that have served us so well over the years. All cabins for sale are from Loon's second-generation Doppelmayr gondola, which began transporting passengers to the summit of Loon Peak during the 1988/89 season. Just find a cabin you like and place a bid. 

CABIN DETAILS 
All gondola cabins are unique and have their own sets of blemishes, imperfections, etc.: 
-Cabin weight: 460 lbs. 
-Dimensions: 7 ft. tall, 5 ft. wide, 6 ft. deep 
-No top hanger 
-No ski rack on left door. 
-Cabins are fastened to wood pallet to assist with transportation.

Cost is $1,250.  I'm debating it.  Kinda pricey and I'm not really sure what I'd do with one.  But I hate to miss opportunities!

Honestly, if I was a Loon pass holder I'd be all over this. I've though about buying an old lift chair just for lawn furniture.

Honestly, if I was a Loon pass holder I'd be all over this. I've though about buying an old lift chair just for lawn furniture.
I decided to skip it. $1,250 for a 450lbs cabin that's pretty uncomfortable to sit in. I just can't find a good place in my yard for it. I would rather get a old lift chair that I could hang on my porch or yard.
  • 2 weeks later...
I decided to skip it. $1,250 for a 450lbs cabin that's pretty uncomfortable to sit in. I just can't find a good place in my yard for it. I would rather get a old lift chair that I could hang on my porch or yard.
I think that's the right call. I've wanted a chair for years but a cabin does seem a little useless. It is heavy as hell too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I think that's the right call. I've wanted a chair for years but a cabin does seem a little useless. It is heavy as hell too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It seems that if you owned a business it is something to hang outside it but it would look stupid in the 'burbs hanging in your back yard.

5 minutes ago, Smellytele said:

It seems that if you owned a business it is something to hang outside it but it would look stupid in the 'burbs hanging in your back yard.

Agree. If I did buy it I wouldn't have put it in the 'burbs, I would have had it at my house in Lincoln with a view of Loon. But still, just too big, clunky, heavy, and uncomfortable to make good use of.  I was also curious if the doors would open/close easily since it's normally the load/unload mechanism that automatically drives the doors. 

• 2 years later...