Sign in to follow this  
Libby

Balsams Resort

Couldn’t tell, as couldn’t get close enough and have nothing to compare it too. I was impressed with the overall area and property that I did see.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I believe the first faze of the hotel/condo is simply restore the old hotel, which could make it harder to see.

22 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Wonder if the people who put deposits down have gotten paid back yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Our friends who had a deposit in said they have been told the "sale" is more seeking investment partner(s).  They are keeping their deposit in place for now.

8 hours ago, frapcap said:

Was that area any good/whats it compare to? 

It was a nice mid-sized area. Very consistent and rather mellow pitch. A touch steeper and more interesting than Tenney. Trails had some character and there were not crossing trails, just straight down the fall line with a few nice and narrow meandering trails. More interesting than Black ME but less interesting than Black NH or Abram ME. It was a one and done for me but I always considered going back for a sleeper blower powder day during a holiday period. Not steep enough to enjoy a dense/heavy dump.

tl;dr nothing that made it worth the extra long drive except for staying at the hotel (if that is your thing) and trying someplace out of the way and less traveled by.

^ Thanks for the thoughts. I thought maybe being that far north that the vert would be more dramatic or the terrain more interesting. Cool to have a first hand account!