Big new from Attitash. After their fight with the Grand Summit timeshare owners, Peak Resorts has given up. They've offered to sell all the commercial space and operations within for a total of $50,000. The owners association has been operating the hotel all summer by themselves. Apparently Peak Resorts came to the table as soon as the quarterly tax bill was due.

IMG_20180801_163709005.thumb.jpg.b3f15a5c0cf8ce603573457c331eb5bc.jpg

Entire commercial opperations of the hotel (29 acres, conference rooms, pool, all) for $1.  All contents for $50k. Before Peak Resorts lost control of hotel operations, the owners association offered them $500K annually to lease it. After condo fees, Peak Resorts would still have cleared $120k profit.

Peaks really dropped the ball on this. They could have been slumlord owners and let the association do all the heavy lifting. Let's see what the association is able to do with the property now. I know there are no current services offered at the hotel this summer.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Benski said:

This means 2 on-mountain dining options not owned or operated by peaks, will this lower food prices. 

Will be interesting to see if the non Peaks options are cheaper. I doubt it though...

Edited by Jully

Just now, Jully said:

Will be interesting to see if the non Peaks options are cheaper. I doubt it though...

I don't know who will be cheaper but I think a lack of competition for base food is why it is so expensive. 

12 hours ago, Benski said:

I don't know who will be cheaper but I think a lack of competition for base food is why it is so expensive. 

The hotel restaurant always got very little traffic. Until a year ago or so you used to actually get a discount there with your season pass. Was best place on the mountain to get lunch.