Puck it

F'ing Millennials

I just walked by a cube in my building and it has a name tag called Innovation Room with bunch of bean bags in it.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They probably expect a trophy for asinine idea too. It is f'ing work. Do your job!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

were they comfortable?  I could go for a bean bag nap right about now.  

Exactly, I am going in and take nap and snore like hell. Nameplate says "Innovation Island"

IMG_1267.HEIC

We have collaboration areas. They look like Austin Powers would use them. They have weird shaped furniture and cone of silence 2 person pods. also a conference room with a garage door. They also bring in comfort dogs and have corn hole in the cafe. I have not used any of this stuff.

18 hours ago, Puck it said:

I just walked by a cube in my building and it has a name tag called Innovation Room with bunch of bean bags in it.  WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They probably expect a trophy for asinine idea too. It is f'ing work. Do your job!!!!!!!!

I am a millennial. These things are not so popular. Its viewed as a dumb gimmick. We want higher wages, not bean bags. 

18 minutes ago, Benski said:

I am a millennial. These things are not so popular. Its viewed as a dumb gimmick. We want higher wages, not bean bags. 

Yeah, but you want higher wages so that you can buy nicer bean bags.   ?

• Like 1

I'm of the opinion that "millennial" doesn't mean much anymore. The oldest millennials now might have houses and kids and understand the concept of responsibility beyond the whim of their emotions, while the younger millennials might still fit the stereotypes. I am not a millennial

Average age of my team at work is 61.5, but I am parent of four millennials.

Observations:

Cell phones are life.

Dogs are popular, kids are not.

Dining out is everything.

Neck ties are nothing.

Marriage is optional.

Car ownership - meh.

Soda is the new cigarettes.

Timeliness - meh.

Does anybody date anymore?

Church - meh.

Electric scooters are hot, e-bikes are not.

Admittedly, the little buggers are good at IT:-)

Average age of my team at work is 61.5, but I am parent of four millennials.

Observations:
Cell phones are life.
Dogs are popular, kids are not.
Dining out is everything.
Neck ties are nothing.
Marriage is optional.
Car ownership - meh.
Soda is the new cigarettes.
Timeliness - meh.
Does anybody date anymore?
Church - meh.
Electric scooters are hot, e-bikes are not.
Admittedly, the little buggers are good at IT:-)

I have realized people are quickly turning on Facebook and Snapchat. I was never into Instagram but I think it is also declining.

Juul, the e cigarettes band, probably has doubled the smoking rates among college student in the last year.

Driving is viewed as a chore for us. We have to put down our phones. We are definitely more uptight about drinking and driving, often actually refusing to have a single drink and drive. Something my parents don’t mind doing.

The rest are pretty accurate.

I hope you guys realize when the 1,000 angriest people tweet about something, it becomes a controversy, because that's all it takes to trend, and then some reporter makes it into clickbait. I am pretty sure that's why we have all these winy controversies 

8 hours ago, Benski said:

I hope you guys realize when the 1,000 angriest people tweet about something, it becomes a controversy, because that's all it takes to trend, and then some reporter makes it into clickbait. I am pretty sure that's why we have all these winy controversies 

My feelings are hurt by that comment.

Thank God for the millenials.  We need them to pay their taxes so we get all our old age benefits.  I hear in Japan they sell more adult diapers than infant diapers.

21 hours ago, JimK said:

Thank God for the millenials.  We need them to pay their taxes so we get all our old age benefits.  I hear in Japan they sell more adult diapers than infant diapers.

If they work, they want a trophy.

We now have a number of these around the campus.  One has furry bean bags and a large screen monitor playing screensavers of dogs and landscapes.  They are intimidated by conference rooms.

Will the crying closets be far behind?

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/04/cry-closets-are-a-great-idea-thanks-millennials.html

Edited by Puck it

I can't tell if that Cry Closets article is for real or satire like The Onion. And if it's real then I have to wonder if just maybe that kids' school project was meant to suggest that sensitivity culture has gone too far. Im really trying to believe it's not as ridiculous as it looks.

Since when did crying become acceptable? You're supposed to bottle up those emotions and then go online and vent it by roasting people you don't know on online forums!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SkiingInABlueDream said:

I can't tell if that Cry Closets article is for real or satire like The Onion. And if it's real then I have to wonder if just maybe that kids' school project was meant to suggest that sensitivity culture has gone too far. Im really trying to believe it's not as ridiculous as it looks.

It is Slate.  It has to real.  

34 minutes ago, MassNerd said:

Since when did crying become acceptable? You're supposed to bottle up those emotions and then go online and vent it by roasting people you don't know on online forums!

Damn,  I have been found out.

I put a print out over the name tag for the Innovation Island.  It said Nap Time Island.  The mellinnials setting it up got pissed.  They asked around about it, I guess.   I would have said I did if asked.