https://www.attitash.com/ph-hall-sale/

8b76dc2d-0f55-41de-bc37-d39acb0b7cc0.jpg

TOP NOTCH DOUBLE CHAIRS FOR SALE

The time has come when we must say goodbye to our beloved Top-Notch Double chairlift. She served us well over her many years of operation, and now we are giving YOU, our most loyal fans, a chance to bring home a piece of Attitash Mountain Resort history.

There are a very limited number of these chairs available for $300 and must be purchased online. Follow the link below and be sure to read the terms for purchasing and pickup.  

It's a bittersweet thing to retire a ski lift, but we're happy knowing these chairs will end up in the right place;  gracing your backyard, garden or porch, allowing the memories made on the top-notch-double to live on. 

We have a very limited number of these chairs and they will go quick! 

1. You MUST be able to pick up your purchased chair between 9am and Noon from Lot 2 on these dates...

Saturday, October 6

Saturday, November 17

Saturday, December 15

Saturday, January 12

2. You MUST be able to load/transport these chairs on your own. Chairs weigh approximately 100 lbs.

3. We will not be taking number requests, chairs are first come first served on pickup dates!

4. You MUST bring your email confirmation to pickup, on your phone or printed out.

5. Chairs are sold as is, chipped paint, without safety bars or grips. Pictured on the left.

6. The item will expire from your cart after 5 minutes. Don't delay.

7. Happy Shopping!

Mine has been purchased. I'll try to pick it up next weekend. Then will come the discussion of how to mount the damn thing in my backyard. Should be a good weekend project.

Does anyone know which lot at Attitash is Lot 2? I suppose there aren't so many and I could just drive around looking.

2 minutes ago, Smellytele said:

Now if they replace it with a new faster lift

Don't tease.

But I've been googling this for an hour. How do you mount this chair to a crossbeam? I bet that I can figure out how to build a swing set, but mounting this is another story.

You could get a large U bolt for each end of the top bar and use those to attach chains, then the usual swing hardware to attach the chains to the swing set.  Fastenal has U bolts to fit pipes of all diameters.

Or depending on the size of the bolt hole at the top, thread a long  pipe through there, and either use the pipe as the top bar of the swing set or mount it just below the top beam using pipe flanges on each end.

Edited by Ski-kiki
added info

Or actually just a small piece of pipe, elbows  on each side to make a u shape, then pipe  flanges bolted through the swing beam.  Would be stronger than a longer piece of pipe, and wouldn't have to worry about deflection.

I wonder why they are finally deciding to pull it down now?@weatherman it depends on what comes with the chair as to how to mount it. I would love to get one but I don't have a trailer to get up there to pick it up. Actually no one I know has one either.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I wonder why they are finally deciding to pull it down now?

When they finally add an hsq on the attitash side it may make more sense to put it on the double line than the triple. Install would be less disruptive to summer business, better dispersal of crowds at the top and you could still lap pt, Tim's and idiots. 

Edited by thebigo

My guess is they want the line for the quad to be on both sides. That will eliminate the need to carry speed around the corner to make it up the mini hill to get into line. No more buzzing by people standing around. 

Yes but will they actually move forward with a quad install now? I think not, but I do hope I am wrong. Another question, is it possible to use the double line and extend far enough up to eliminate the triple all together? I would think logistically it would make more sense to remove the triple and replace it with a quad over trying to get bodies over the Humphrey's and Wills (when opened). Getting to NE Passage is painful coming off Saco and would be a traverse without speed from the top.

6 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Yes but will they actually move forward with a quad install now? I think not, but I do hope I am wrong. Another question, is it possible to use the double line and extend far enough up to eliminate the triple all together? I would think logistically it would make more sense to remove the triple and replace it with a quad over trying to get bodies over the Humphrey's and Wills (when opened). Getting to NE Passage is painful coming off Saco and would be a traverse without speed from the top.

The issue of eliminating the triple line all together is the base area where all the lifts would be on either side and nothing in the middle.

Are you saying from the top where the double is now it is painful to get down to below Humphrey's under the triple? Can it be regraded?

On 9/29/2018 at 10:51 PM, Infinite Dreams said:

I would love to get one but I don't have a trailer to get up there to pick it up. Actually no one I know has one either.

you can rent one  haha

A HSQ is on the radar (as is fixing Wildred's snowmaking to handle more summit traffic) and it will replace the triple to the summit, not Top Notch.

They are going to put in a ridiculous amount of new pipe next year. All the valve stations were rebuilt this year.

Edited by newpylong
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, newpylong said:

A HSQ is on the radar (as is fixing Wildred's snowmaking to handle more summit traffic) and it will replace the triple to the summit, not Top Notch.

They are going to put in a ridiculous amount of new pipe next year. All the valve stations were rebuilt this year.

wilfred's? Should do some blasting at the top of it get rid of the ledge and to regrade.

Yes Wilfred's, the snowmaking is disconnected account major damage. Unfortunately for most that triple has a lot of life yet and a higher priority will likely be replacing the double doubles.

I just think with major and continued improvements at Bretton Woods, Cranmore, Cannon, Loon, Ragged and even Waterville; replacing that chair has to be a top priority for Attitash.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I like the idea of this. They really need to do something especially since there are so many things going on around them. It is realistically the only upgrade they can do. I can't imagine you will ever see a new trail on eaither peak so they need that quad.

Yeah, new trails are probably unlikely due to lengthy USFS permitting and construction expense. Other than that chair, the only realistic ski experience improvements they could probably do is a couple more glades. They are deficient compared to the competition with tree skiing. I've mentioned it prior, but skiers right of Idiots half way down has some trees that could be cleaned up pretty easily. I've also thought there's a good amount of real estate between Avenger and Kachina. Could put in a nice, long nearly top to bottom glade in there.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

2 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I like the idea of this. They really need to do something especially since there are so many things going on around them. It is realistically the only upgrade they can do. I can't imagine you will ever see a new trail on eaither peak so they need that quad.

They could upgrade the bar/restaurant. The bar area is too small and then the other room which is huge makes you feel like an outcast when you sit in there.