Flying Yeti

First Snowmaking Windows

K has a portable shack setup that sells food and beer at the bottom of the north ridge triple. you have to stay in a little corral to drink. I just bring my own and drink at the top of the triple.

Sunday River starting to make some noise on Social Media:

I would think that indicates that they're going to make a serious run this week.

Wax 'em up folks. 

-w

48 minutes ago, WJenness said:

Sunday River starting to make some noise on Social Media:

I would think that indicates that they're going to make a serious run this week.

Wax 'em up folks. 

-w

I don't think anyone Killington and Sunday River will open by Sunday if not Saturday. Maybe one can pull off Friday afternoon. 

29 minutes ago, Benski said:

I don't think anyone Killington and Sunday River will open by Sunday if not Saturday. Maybe one can pull off Friday afternoon. 

Scotty talk.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Benski said:

I think I get what you're going for here, and I agree.

But there's a difference between 'going for it' and 'turning the social media team loose to tease it'... That was my only point.

-w

I meant it seems clear both K and Sunday River will open by Sunday, and will probably open Saturday. I could believe one pulls off Friday afternoon. 

I don't see Killington making this weekend at all. Their guns are turned off now and only have tonight through tomorrow before it warms up Friday and Saturday. 

It's happening!

I spy snowmakers at Wildcat, with some natural snow to grace the scene.

image.png.38982c628e67fceddb744098491bdf70.png

And the temperatures are approaching freezing at the upper mountain pumphouse.

image.png.b797637f3c52075959010e0434bb1971.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

It's happening!

I spy snowmakers at Wildcat, with some natural snow to grace the scene.

image.png.38982c628e67fceddb744098491bdf70.png

And the temperatures are approaching freezing at the upper mountain pumphouse.

image.png.b797637f3c52075959010e0434bb1971.png

I saw that too, It would be really really nice if Wildcat opened this early.

I love ridiculously silly little promo videos like this. 

Wildcat takes a lot longer than SR and K to open up. They won't be in play this weekend or anything, but barring a large warm up, early Nov could be a possibility. They were November 7th or 9th a few years back, would love to see that again.

4 hours ago, Benski said:

I meant it seems clear both K and Sunday River will open by Sunday, and will probably open Saturday. I could believe one pulls off Friday afternoon. 

I'm leaving for the midwest Saturday night... so Sunday is almost guaranteed. I'm really hoping for Saturday at SR... not sure I'd do opening day for the public at K.

K:

Winter starts when The Beast says so and we say it starts Friday! Our heroic snowmaking team has been working hard in the North Ridge area, and we’re pleased to announce that the first turns in Eastern North America will be made by our Season Pass and Express Card holders on Friday, October 19.

The K-1 Express Gondola will begin loading at 10:00 a.m. with the last ride up available at 3:00 p.m. Skiers and riders will walk down the Peak Walkway to access open terrain in the North Ridge Area before heading back up the Peak Walkway to download the K-1 Express Gondola. The last run down Rime will be at 3:30 p.m.

The Snowshed Sales Center will be open for RFID ONE PASS pick up Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.; Friday 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.; Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; or Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. K-1 Guest Services will be open 7:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Friday-Sunday but due to limited processing stations we recommend ONE PASSES be picked up at Snowshed.

Season Pass and Express Card holders will be treated to a free lunch at either the K-1 Lodge, Peak Lodge or Dog Sled on Friday. Additionally, pass holders will be treated to a complimentary opening day gift while supplies last.

We will be open to the general public beginning Saturday, October 20. The K-1 Express Gondola will begin loading at 9:00 a.m. daily with the last ride up available at 3:00 p.m. Skiers and riders will walk down the Peak Walkway to access open terrain in the North Ridge Area before heading back up the Peak Walkway to download the K-1 Express Gondola. The last run down Rime will be at 3:30 p.m.

Additional Details:

• Lift ticket rates beginning Saturday will be $59 for adults (19-64); $45 for youth (7-18); and $50 for seniors (65-79). Ages 6 & under and 80 & over ski free. All lift tickets must be loaded onto a ONE PASS, our RFID card, which are available for $5 but may be reloaded for future visits.
Edited by Smellytele
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mbedle said:

I don't see Killington making this weekend at all. Their guns are turned off now and only have tonight through tomorrow before it warms up Friday and Saturday. 

Guns are back on and they have a solid 36 hrs until they will need to shutdown again. That's with a really good wet bulb too for October. It's in the bag for Friday.

• Like 1

Hats off to K!! It's not the kind of skiing I'd personally go out of my way for, but it sure does turn the stoke meter to 11!! It was 80 a week ago and now the season is legitimately here.

11 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Hats off to K!! It's not the kind of skiing I'd personally go out of my way for, but it sure does turn the stoke meter to 11!! It was 80 a week ago and now the season is legitimately here.

I may miss it since I have an appt in the morning for mortgage signing.  it is free for me.

12 hours ago, Jully said:

Opening at 10am, what are odds Sunday River tries to open at 9am like they did a few years ago to "beat" K?

Odds are high. Then K will spin the lifts at 2 PM this afternoon lol. 

Opening at 10am, what are odds Sunday River tries to open at 9am like they did a few years ago to "beat" K?
If they both open at the same time I give SR the 'win' anyway since they aren't just for passholders.
  • Like 1

I was just watching the North Ridge cam on the Killington site.

Props to these two snowboarders who seem like they were the first non-ski patrol folks to make some turns on reason this morning.

Happy Skiing and Riding season, everyone!

First Riders - Reason.png

Mountains Open Full time = Killington

Mountains Open Weekends= Sunday River 

Mountains making Snow but not open yet

Wildcat Mount Snow 

I think that's it?