infrastructure issues today

You may have noticed intermittent connection issues today. The vendor is having AWS infrastructure issues today. I've opened a ticket and they've acknowledged the problems. Things seem to have someone stabilized so far. I assume their autoscaling spun up extra capacity.

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

AZ works when this one doesn't

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

This app is just a rebranded version of Tapatalk. The one AZ uses is much older. Let me ask for an update of the app over the next week. Hopefully that resolves the issue.

5 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

I started the process of app updates. That usually takes about a week. And I updated the app plugin for the site. That only took a few minutes. Let me know if (and when) things resolve themselves.

Ugh. I think I broke it. That's what I get for "updating"

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, MEtoVTskier said:

Yep, just collecting his click monies, and doing little to improve the site.

Oh look, AZ takes a dump once again, almost exactly 30 days later. Nick's really on top of that host changeover. 🙄

Why again, is it everyone hasn't migrated here yet?

Why again, is it everyone hasn't migrated here yet?

This is obviously a better platform. But it's probably another sign that forums are are at heaven's gate. There are about 20 active posters on AZ and about 10 here. Meanwhile individual FB groups have hundreds of active posters and thousands of followers. I personally hate the FB format and like forums. But it's hard to argue with the numbers.

This is obviously a better platform. But it's probably another sign that forums are are at heaven's gate. There are about 20 active posters on AZ and about 10 here. Meanwhile individual FB groups have hundreds of active posters and thousands of followers. I personally hate the FB format and like forums. But it's hard to argue with the numbers.

I know. Same with red-it. I don’t think these forums are dead yet. I think Facebook slowly dying though. I know a lot of people who deleted their Facebook and there are very few so maybe message boards will begin to grow if Facebook continues to shrink.
  • Like 2
On 11/21/2019 at 4:43 PM, Cannonballer said:

Oct 2019:  According to findings by Pew Research, 44% of younger users, those aged 18 to 29, have deleted the Facebook app from their phone. Besides the fact that they may not want to be under close watch by their parents, I have a few reasons why I believe younger users are leaving Facebook:

• How people use social media has changed. People prefer sharing on a smaller scale or even one-to-one as opposed to blasting an update to people they haven’t talked to in years.
  • The younger audiences are much more comfortable storytelling and sharing updates by creating image and video content.
  • Facebook has become saturated with ads and this generation doesn’t like to be marketed to in the more traditional sense.
  • Finally, other platforms are innovating quicker. Instagram and Snapchat are rolling out features that are capturing this audience’s attention. Some of these features include: Stories, Gifs/Stickers, Lenses and Augmented Reality

Where are They Spending time on Social Media?

So where are Millennials and Gen Zers spending their hours social networking? They can be found on YouTube, Instagram and messaging apps. It may come as a surprise to you that one app in particular is still holding their attention…Snapchat.

VW1

On 11/21/2019 at 4:43 PM, Cannonballer said: