Weatherman

October 27 - Opening Day at Wildcat

Arrived at 9:40am to a completely full main parking lot. Wow. Lynx was the only run open and it varied from huge death cookies up top to creamy fresh manmade at the bottom. But the number of people on the trail was scary. After lunch it started snowing and place cleared out. And magic happened.

It was AMAZING! At least for October. They got 4" fresh throughout the day on top of the 12" midweek. The result was rope-ducking was the norm. Almost nobody was on Lynx but you could go anywhere else. Snow was dense and coverage was great. Some scratchy rocks to be expected. Rock skis required. Fun guaranteed.

The bar was overwhelmed. They clearly didn't expect the crowd that they got. I am grateful that they opened as the skiing was epic. This was a day I'll be telling stories about for years to come.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

• Like 3

Was wild how full the parking lot was. I saw what looked like a lot of day tickets too. Seemed like more day passes than Peak Passes. I hope they made a lot of money!

2 hours ago, Jully said:

Was wild how full the parking lot was. I saw what looked like a lot of day tickets too. Seemed like more day passes than Peak Passes. I hope they made a lot of money!

I noticed the same thing about the tickets. I am used to seeing mostly passholders at Wildcat, so it's unusual to see so may tickets there.

I saw quite a few people buying day tickets yesterday as well. Upper and Middle Lynx were definitely better than lower Lynx. They only groomed half of Lower Lynx. The other side was separated by this weird ridge with many ungroomed on the opposite side of the trail.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I couldn't believe how busy Wildcat was Sat. We actually got there at 9:20ish saw the parking lot and kept going to Sunday River ( which it turns out was a good idea as someone forgot their helmet and wildcat didn't have shops open).