Sign in to follow this  
Smellytele

Roll call 11/22-25

An out-of-town wedding is screwing with our ski schedule, so we won't get to Cannon until Sunday :(. Leave some goods for us!

Edited by SkiMom
  • Like 1

Trying to formulate a ski plan for Saturday. Will be at a family place in VT Friday-Sunday.
Okemo, Bromley, Stratton, or K seem to be the likely targets.

SR Saturday. Figuring out Friday and Sunday shortly. Might only get one of the two.

Looking at a picture they just posted on social media, they're blowing obsession it looks like?? Crazy early if that's the case.

Cannon is nuts right now. Been up there three times in the past five days. Unreal. They could open almost 100% of non-glades on Friday if they wanted to. But they have always been a bit conservative with openings. I'll probably pass on the lifts on Friday and find some untracked to lap away from the lifts.

Saturday I am thinking Mad River. I don't expect much untracked due to the volume of skinners. But 100% natural snow is an excellent offering. I can't think of the last time that MRG opened for Thanksgiving weekend. It will be a treat for sure.

Possibly Magic Saturday. 30+ trails is awesome. Definitely still some early season obstacles though on the lower angle East Side terrain so bring rock skis.

15 hours ago, thesnowway said:

Saturday I am thinking Mad River. I don't expect much untracked due to the volume of skinners. But 100% natural snow is an excellent offering. I can't think of the last time that MRG opened for Thanksgiving weekend. It will be a treat for sure.

I read a report somewhere that there were 50+ hikers and skiers a day the past few weekends. They are really going wild up there. Probably the best thing for the early season snow though. Pack it all in.

I saw a few forecasts showing some r word for the weekend and changing to heavy snow on sunday night. I'm trying to decide whether to part with some money tomorrow at Cannon or use my pass at Mount Snow. Either way it will be a 10 AM on mountain start. 

Wildcat is skiing like midwinter again this weekend. 90% open. And the snowmaking strategy is interesting this year. That are making snow on the lower half of Lift Lion. Before Catapult. They are playing long ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Going to try to get out somewhere tomorrow, probably only a half a day or so.

Likely Loon, but could potentially change it up to another Ikon location.

Sugarloaf is tempting, but it's just so far.

Hunter Tomorrow. It looks like it will only be the old 6 pack, serving 18 trails. So no new trails. Also no Belt, so the only way to check it out is by driving there.