Sign in to follow this  
Smellytele

Snow Monday 11/25 into Tuesday 11/26?

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

I'm strongly considering call out sick on Tuesday. Maybe heading back to North Conway tomorrow night.

Same here. Very exciting!

Early forecasts did not take surface albedo into account. Saw this coming and now high res / short term models agree.

Where and when to go remains a question. Many resorts are still in early operations mode.

15 minutes ago, treeskier82 said:

Early forecasts did not take surface albedo into account. Saw this coming and now high res / short term models agree.

Where and when to go remains a question. Many resorts are still in early operations mode.

How did you see this? I don't want to make that mistake again though I have finals coming up anyway. 

Early operations could be a problem. Many ski areas limiting there operating two 1 or 2 lifts, keeping bases closed. Hunter is only running there front side and I heard they are still cleaning up their construction. Sugarbush and Mad River look like they are limiting themselves to 1 or 2 lifts. Killington and i think Statton are still finishing lifts. 

1 hour ago, Benski said:

How did you see this? I don't want to make that mistake again though I have finals coming up anyway.

Early operations could be a problem. Many ski areas limiting there operating two 1 or 2 lifts, keeping bases closed. Hunter is only running there front side and I heard they are still cleaning up their construction. Sugarbush and Mad River look like they are limiting themselves to 1 or 2 lifts. Killington and i think Statton are still finishing lifts.

Don't want to say "I saw this" 100%. It's been flipping on long range for a week or so. Recent record arctic sea ice and regional surface albedo (ground snow) are providing that extra push of cold air for now. We could see at least several days ago that the anticipated rain event prior was mostly a dud and the pressure drop timing seemed better aligned for the secondary rain/snow (now mainly snow) system.

Could be a seasonal warm up Early/mid December but I expect a snowy season and more extreme cold than thaw.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, treeskier82 said:

Don't want to say "I saw this" 100%. It's been flipping on long range for a week or so. Recent record arctic sea ice and regional surface albedo (ground snow) are providing that extra push of cold air for now. We could see at least several days ago that the anticipated rain event prior was mostly a dud and the pressure drop timing seemed better aligned for the secondary rain/snow (now mainly snow) system.

Could be a seasonal warm up Early/mid December but I expect a snowy season and more extreme cold than thaw.

So are you saying the forecasts are going to be biased towards predicting warmer weather for now? 

Looking like Wildcat is a go for me tomorrow. Potential wind in the morning, but I don't know if it'll impact the quad or not.