Sign in to follow this  
Weatherman

Considering narrowing the quiver

I'm considering streamlining my quiver. Any interest in...?

2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm)

2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm)

2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm)

sigh... I should do the same, but I am mildly interested (trying to resist the urge).

Are you selling them with bindings? Are the edges ok? I don't care about base scratches/gouges. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:03 PM, StraightSkis said:

sigh... I should do the same, but I am mildly interested (trying to resist the urge).

Are you selling them with bindings? Are the edges ok? I don't care about base scratches/gouges. 

Yes, all have bindings. The NRGY 100 and Monster 88 both have demo bindings on them. Those two are in the best shape. Bases and edges are in good condition on both. The Liberty Sequences have seen more action in the trees as that is what they were bought for. Monster 88s  have been used almost  exclusively on groomers. And NRGY 100s have been my spring and Alps skis.

6 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Yes, all have bindings. The NRGY 100 and Monster 88 both have demo bindings on them. Those two are in the best shape. Bases and edges are in good condition on both. The Liberty Sequences have seen more action in the trees as that is what they were bought for. Monster 88s  have been used almost  exclusively on groomers. And NRGY 100s have been my spring and Alps skis.

I like the sound of the Liberty Sequence and will use them in the trees like you and also bumps at Wildcat. I am trying to be at the ACE meeting in a few weeks. Can I check them out then or are you unloading them before that?

I also like the sound of the Liberty Sequence as a tree/bump ski. And even new, they're pretty affordable online.

I'm a bigger guy (215lbs) and I'm concerned they might be too soft.  My current alpine skis are Rossi Experience 100's, which are stiff and almost a GS ski. I can get through the trees fine on them, but it might be nice to have something more nimble and to keep the bases of my Exp100's in better shape. This could fit the bill, but they can't fold in half when I put my weight into them...

So how did you like them? And can I ask what you are keeping for tree & bump duty?

5 hours ago, MassNerd said:

I also like the sound of the Liberty Sequence as a tree/bump ski. And even new, they're pretty affordable online.

I'm a bigger guy (215lbs) and I'm concerned they might be too soft.  My current alpine skis are Rossi Experience 100's, which are stiff and almost a GS ski. I can get through the trees fine on them, but it might be nice to have something more nimble and to keep the bases of my Exp100's in better shape. This could fit the bill, but they can't fold in half when I put my weight into them...

So how did you like them? And can I ask what you are keeping for tree & bump duty?

I really like them in the trees. They ski very neutral stance new-school and slashy. At 215 lbs you're about my size, maybe a bit smaller.

I own both the Enforcer 93 and Enforcer 100 to fill this same niche.

I will be at the ACE meeting next week.

I was thinking of asking $350 for the NRGY 100 and $275 for the Monster 88. These prices were reached by checking what they are selling for  on eBay and going just below that.