Sign in to follow this  
2manyhobbies

Backyard rail

This is great.  I’ve actually been thinking of building a butter box for my boys, but the challenge for me is our flat lot.  I’d probably have to build a ramp to go along with it...!

On 12/1/2018 at 5:35 PM, Benski said:

This looks awesome. Just don't tell your homeowners insurance company. I think @MimersG has something similar.

I don't really do rails, if we do have any its usually just thrown together wood from nearby. Usually there's just a few jumps built and a tubing lane cut on the slope.I do make snow though as I usually try to have it early November to end of March/first week in May.

43 minutes ago, BumpOut said:

I’ve actually been thinking of building a butter box for my boys, but the challenge for me is our flat lot.  I’d probably have to build a ramp to go along with it...!

Yeah, that's something we thought about, but luckily we have that drop in from our driveway. My son was actually thinking of putting the rail out in the middle of the yard but realized how much work it would be to build a run in to it that would give him enough speed to get up onto the rail.

33 minutes ago, MimersG said:

I do make snow though as I usually try to have it early November to end of March/first week in May.

Nice! The warm up and r*** this past weekend caused an open spot right in the landing so our rail is closed until we get more snow or my son moves some from another part of the yard.