I can't believe we have made it this long without a Sugarbush thread.

Has anyone seen this illegally cut trail off sunrise? How far down is it? is it much wider than a glade entrance?

I have been skiing all week. Upper mountain, woods and natural snow trails and lower mountain natural snow trails pretty good. Castle Rock Lift opens tomorrow.

I'll be there next Saturday with the wife. Let me know if anyone else is there and wants to take some turns / beers.

I won’t be up there unless there is an epic dump but the Lawson’s brewery up there is cool so you should check it out.

I just check their snow report and saw the Slide Brook lift is not running. What's the story there?

They only run it if the weather and snowpack is good and even so. Only weekends 10-3:15. They don’t bother if they can’t snowmobile up the work roads or something like that. If it’s especially cold or windy, I guess they assume you would prefer the bus anyway. The bus runs every 20 minuets between the base area. At MT Ellen it drops you off next to the GMX and Base lodge which is really nice. At Lincoln Peek it’s in the parking lot which is a shlep.

11 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I just check their snow report and saw the Slide Brook lift is not running. What's the story there?

The access trails need about another foot or so of snow to fill in the water bars so the lift is accessible via snowmobile for lift maintenance and ski patrol teams.

11 hours ago, Benski said:

They only run it if the weather and snowpack is good and even so. Only weekends 10-3:15. They don’t bother if they can’t snowmobile up the work roads or something like that. If it’s especially cold or windy, I guess they assume you would prefer the bus anyway.

As of a few years ago it now runs every day and not just weekends as long as snowpack is sufficient to allow snowmobile access AND as long as the temp along the entire line is above a certain number (maybe 5 or 10 degrees...can't remember exactly). In case of an evac, they don't want people stranded on a lift that isn't easy/quick to access for an evac in extremely cold temps.

Really looking forward to tomorrow - my expectations are high after the week we’ve had. Added bonus of low temps to help keep the crowds down... 

14 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Which side you going to? I’ll be there

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Lincoln peak, but I can get over to mt Ellen too. Let’s get a beer! 

Cold today. Only got 5 runs, maybe even 3 depending on how you count. Wife had a bad day and was complaining constantly about being tortured and not feeling her feet. I didn't think it was that bad, but I was prepared.

Cold and windy but the sunshine and blue skies made it bearable. Although it did take me about 45 minutes to get the feeling back in my big toe. 

Paradise was the run of the day for me (pic below). Overall great day, but I was a little disappointed it was wind blown in so many places. 

98453CA9-7758-4F89-BBD2-9EA899C08C3A.jpeg