Sign in to follow this  
fcksummer

January - General Weather Thread

Pattern change towards end of the month?

Arctic air is likely to only periodically brush areas from the Upper Midwest to northern New York state and New England over the next couple of weeks. These areas will continue to receive rounds of snow. The combination of snow and periodic cold will create good skiing conditions.

static-ne-late-jan.jpeg

For now, AccuWeather's long-range team is expecting a significant downturn in temperatures in the Northeast sometime during the third or fourth week of the month but stopping short of a close encounter with the polar vortex.

On 1/5/2019 at 6:13 PM, Smellytele said:

Just a little sleet north of Concord to about Tilton. Drive was fine to Cannon

I drove to Burke and encountered the same , Not a fan of 93.  i drive 75mph and the karmikaze drivers that are weaving thru traffic is crazy at night. hope none here have a Red VW wagon , WTF  I drove Rt 16 for 45 years  and never saw the crap drivers do as on RT93. 

20 minutes ago, Brad J said:

I drove to Burke and encountered the same , Not a fan of 93.  i drive 75mph and the karmikaze drivers that are weaving thru traffic is crazy at night. hope none here have a Red VW wagon , WTF  I drove Rt 16 for 45 years  and never saw the crap drivers do as on RT93. 

I used to drive up 16 and thought it was one of the most dangerous roads in NH. also it was mostly a single lane road, 93 has a 70 mph speed limit and is 2 lanes so apples and oranges

i know its totally different type of road , i am just speaking of the demeanor of the drivers, they know  rt 16 its dangerous  and drive accordingly .

1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

I used to drive up 16 and thought it was one of the most dangerous roads in NH. also it was mostly a single lane road, 93 has a 70 mph speed limit and is 2 lanes so apples and oranges

This weekend's storm looks to be heading to BG country, missing us. Nothing on the immediate horizon either for storms.

We're stuck with frigid air. Cold today

Colder tonight and tomorrow morning

I'm not seeing much until next week.

Looking forward to MLK weekend, I'm debating where to go. Options are northern VT or back to the MWV. I am surprised that almost nothing is blacked out for me next week.

1 hour ago, MEtoVTskier said:

Wet Thursday, crusty Friday...

I'm trying not to think about it. This weekend is going to be slick. Fortunately it's my last weekend before vacation.