3 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Decided to check out Franklin yesterday with some friends. It was mostly dry except for a couple of mud holes we had to walk around.

image.png.45b08e28d4b1ddfb7734326e31f44270.png

Nice!  I have to get back there.  Last time I was there was April 30, 2010.  It was a freak 2 foot snowstorm at Cannon the night before.  We skinned up in the blazing sun, drank a few beers, took a slushy run down, drank some more beers, then headed over to Franklin.  We didn't have much left in the tank by then so I can't say I experienced the place.  I'm looking forward to getting in there this season for some legit riding. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

I'm looking forward to getting in there this season for some legit riding. 

It's a fun place to ride. No epic climbs or super technical riding, just fun, flowy trails.

I got my fat ass out for first ride last night in Andover.  5 miles.  About a hour.  Couple of climbs were tough and stopped.  I did not feel to bad after but ass was sore.

• Like 2

With the weather this spring it's been tough to get consistent rides in.  Every time out feels like starting over and I've been getting frustrated.  But then I just went back and compared this year to last.  Now I'm feeling a lot better how the spring went.  In 2018 I only had one, 4 mile ride under my belt by May 7th.  This year I'm at about a dozen rides and 80 miles.  Really looking forward to the meat of the season now. 

050719.JPG

Got a few rides in this week so far. With the consistent rain I expected the bugs to be intolerable, but they haven't been bad at all. It's the pollen that's been the issue. Just clouds of it in the air...and in your lungs and eyes.