3 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Decided to check out Franklin yesterday with some friends. It was mostly dry except for a couple of mud holes we had to walk around.

image.png.45b08e28d4b1ddfb7734326e31f44270.png

Nice!  I have to get back there.  Last time I was there was April 30, 2010.  It was a freak 2 foot snowstorm at Cannon the night before.  We skinned up in the blazing sun, drank a few beers, took a slushy run down, drank some more beers, then headed over to Franklin.  We didn't have much left in the tank by then so I can't say I experienced the place.  I'm looking forward to getting in there this season for some legit riding. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

I'm looking forward to getting in there this season for some legit riding. 

It's a fun place to ride. No epic climbs or super technical riding, just fun, flowy trails.

I got my fat ass out for first ride last night in Andover.  5 miles.  About a hour.  Couple of climbs were tough and stopped.  I did not feel to bad after but ass was sore.

• Like 2

With the weather this spring it's been tough to get consistent rides in.  Every time out feels like starting over and I've been getting frustrated.  But then I just went back and compared this year to last.  Now I'm feeling a lot better how the spring went.  In 2018 I only had one, 4 mile ride under my belt by May 7th.  This year I'm at about a dozen rides and 80 miles.  Really looking forward to the meat of the season now. 

050719.JPG

Got a few rides in this week so far. With the consistent rain I expected the bugs to be intolerable, but they haven't been bad at all. It's the pollen that's been the issue. Just clouds of it in the air...and in your lungs and eyes.

Second ride last night for 5 miles after a couple of weeks for brake issues and hip problems.  Both appear to be fixed.  I hope to get out consistently now.

Got a couple rides in over the long weekend. Did a trail ride in Lebanon Saturday and hit Sunapee on Sunday morning. Sunapee was a bit disappointing since they only had three trails open, but it was better than doing yard work :) They only had Dirt Serpent, Half-pipe, and Out-n-Back open. According to one of the trail crew, the other trails are still pretty wet and will need some TLC before they can open them up.

image.png.18ffc998799d864a6ddf353320ad000b.png

Made my way over to Suicide 6 Bike Park for the first time this weekend. This place is great! It's more natural than bike parky. They have 3+ trails. A green, blue, and a black that has a few different options for getting down the hill. Every berm that they've built is pretty much perfect. The green trail is really the only buffed out trail, but it has a lot of fun little side features here and there that makes it a perfect trail for riding with someone just getting into the sport. The blue trail has lots of nice berms with a couple of small table tops, a small step up, and lots of places to create your own doubles. It gets down to nice single track for most of the sections between berms. The black trail was definitely my favorite. Steep, tight switchbacks, crazy off camber traverses, roots, and rocks made it a hoot to ride. There are a couple of drops on the black trail that have B-lines around them and a big table top at the end that has two options that are rollable. One of the coolest things on the black trail is they've opened up a glade. It provides all kinds of different lines to choose from as you ride through it.  Most of the trails intersect at various places as you ride down so you can create a bunch of different variations for getting down the hill. I think it's better suited to a long travel trail bike or enduro. I found myself wishing for my trail bike on some of the tighter sections on the black trail. This place is definitely worth checking out and you'll pretty much avoid any crowd. The other bonus is you can hit Worthy Kitchen in Woodstock after for beers and incredible food.

MVIMG_20190608_165230.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190608145104768_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190608145058571_COVER.jpg

21 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Made my way over to Suicide 6 Bike Park for the first time this weekend. This place is great! It's more natural than bike parky. They have 3+ trails. A green, blue, and a black that has a few different options for getting down the hill. Every berm that they've built is pretty much perfect. The green trail is really the only buffed out trail, but it has a lot of fun little side features here and there that makes it a perfect trail for riding with someone just getting into the sport. The blue trail has lots of nice berms with a couple of small table tops, a small step up, and lots of places to create your own doubles. It gets down to nice single track for most of the sections between berms. The black trail was definitely my favorite. Steep, tight switchbacks, crazy off camber traverses, roots, and rocks made it a hoot to ride. There are a couple of drops on the black trail that have B-lines around them and a big table top at the end that has two options that are rollable. One of the coolest things on the black trail is they've opened up a glade. It provides all kinds of different lines to choose from as you ride through it.  Most of the trails intersect at various places as you ride down so you can create a bunch of different variations for getting down the hill. I think it's better suited to a long travel trail bike or enduro. I found myself wishing for my trail bike on some of the tighter sections on the black trail. This place is definitely worth checking out and you'll pretty much avoid any crowd. The other bonus is you can hit Worthy Kitchen in Woodstock after for beers and incredible food.

MVIMG_20190608_165230.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190608145104768_COVER.jpg

00000IMG_00000_BURST20190608145058571_COVER.jpg

Sounds sweet. And not a soul in those pics!

Finally got up to Kingdom Trails for the first time of the season on Saturday.  The weather was about as perfect as it gets: 55-65 degrees, light breeze, no humidity, not a cloud in the sky.  The trails were almost as perfect.  They still have a couple of trails closed for wet conditions (only about 5%) which is pretty impressive considering the winter and spring they had.  It's a good testament to how well managed the place is that they keep people off trails rather than letting them get trashed.  We typically ride KT on Sunday mornings, so being there midday on Saturday  was a different world in terms of crowds.  Tons of people in the parking lots and in town. But we never felt crowded on the trails. We did about 14 miles with a lot of climbing and felt great!

KTL.thumb.jpg.1f11e2b17593e116f2c724a65b2835e4.jpg

KT1.thumb.JPG.5055019416e02301a2e7715c21191398.JPG

We were pretty worked over the next morning, but really couldn't get enough.  So we headed back over for a shorter ride on Sunday morning.  Also have been wanting to check out some of the more northerly trail sections.  Trails like Coronary and Coronary Bypass are more of the same great flowy, bermed single track descents and nice switchbacky climbs

KT2.thumb.JPG.af51790e4b1aba67dd50d435ef06375e.JPG

Did another ride on my local trails Monday morning.  I was really missing all of that expert trail building and maintenance!  

• Like 1

Annual trip to Stowe. My 15 year old son is officially faster than me. He beat me to the top of Cady Hill and the Trapp cabin and back down the hill at both. I guess it was just a matter of time Scared (and scared by) a pretty f'in big black bear on the way down Growler at Trapp's. cadyhill.thumb.jpeg.0a6eff89e0744887f6e8db38e37a4022.jpegIMG_20190629_154932_404.thumb.jpeg.5e48cd259f955e962c87c561db4742f6.jpegtrapp2.thumb.jpeg.0a9a4be897f827125932509ec1ed76ea.jpegMVIMG_20190628_104536.thumb.jpeg.040bc8de9e01918947354ffd61bfdb39.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

4 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Annual trip to Stowe. My 15 year old son is officially faster than me. He beat me to the top of Cady Hill and the Trapp cabin and back down the hill at both. I guess it was just a matter of time emoji846.png Scared (and scared by) a pretty f'in big black bear on the way down Growler at Trapp's.

Nice!  Seems like a lot of bears this year.  I've seen 6-7 in the past month in NH.

Rode Pine Hills in Plymouth, MA today.  A ton of fun, but far more technical than I was expecting.  Unfortunately one of out group took a good spill onto some rocks and had to ride out with a broken nose!  The place is a lot to bite off.  6.5 miles felt like a lot more.  There are some trail builders doing some serious work in there. 

IMG_20190629_101157581_BURST004.thumb.jpg.354613536cd65b8f6fd42d1bdc259beb.jpg

IMG_20190629_101937263_BURST006.thumb.jpg.2fe63960f2b81e4dc055befd753b1fa7.jpg

IMG_20190629_102319005_BURST011.thumb.jpg.101953f9840936029eb64240bcc084bc.jpg

ramp.thumb.jpg.eeaa7e9cc4f3f373a2aa41c0e58a8c20.jpg

Capture.thumb.JPG.fb1ffdd9c9090eda0676f56f4b39f93d.JPG

I need to retire.  With the holiday break I was able to ride 7 out of 10 days.  3 states, 6 different trail systems, 65 miles.  Now it's back to the grind and I'll be lucky to get out at all in the next 2 weeks.  

rides.JPG.1309dce91fc186fe9ceacb2e953a6421.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

I need to retire.  With the holiday break I was able to ride 7 out of 10 days.  3 states, 6 different trail systems, 65 miles.  Now it's back to the grind and I'll be lucky to get out at all in the next 2 weeks.  

rides.JPG.1309dce91fc186fe9ceacb2e953a6421.JPG

I was on shutdwon last week too.  I only got 21 miles in with company in town though.  I have 15 miles so far this week after work.  I hope for another 7-8 tonight.

• Like 1

We started house renovations when we got back from Stowe, so I've only been out once since then :( Good news is I went from this $h!t:

house-back.jpg.ebcddc81de0c9cb656adb0c73b164087.jpg

To this:

house-back2.thumb.jpg.216c5d3c8fc74ace282199f7cb36943d.jpg

All the major work should be done tomorrow, so hopefully back to riding this weekend. And I did get to see Phish last weekend!

phish.thumb.jpg.9e54ec10b55b31bc6fb4bc031365a20e.jpg

• Like 1