Carnage from today's ride and walk out

Rear derailleur-gone
Chain-gone
2 broken spokes which made tire go flat.  Tubeless. 
3 bent spokes
Rim bent? 
3 mile walk to road and another 1 mile on road since karen did not answer phone

IMG_0422.JPG

Planning to ride Green Woodlands tomorrow. Got any other useful beta (obviously you already recommended Norris)? Best climbing routes? Best parking? Local beer?

Riding with the wife, who is a very solid rider but somewhat timid. So won't be crushing the whole place. But looking forward to the exploration!

Sorry. Just saw this. Looks like you figured it out. Not sure where you parked, but we parked down by 118. Next time we're going to park in the lot up the road from there. Local beer? I think you have to bring it yourself Not much of anything in Dorchester.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

12 hours ago, 2manyhobbies said:

Yikes! What'd you hit?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I have no idea.  I had a couple of chain drops on the front sprocket, which I thought was odd on Friday and Saturday.  I checked the chain with the gauge and it was fine a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone hit up Loon's grand opening weekend of their DH park?
Planned to, but ended up skipping it for rides in North Conway and Kingdom Trails on Sat & Sun
I was in Lincoln for the weekend though and it appeared that they got a decent turnout. Lots of riders at the coffee shop in the morning and lots of bikes on cars across town. I drove by Loon late afternoon Saturday and there were a good amount of cars in the lot.

I tried Rattlesnake Hill (aka Lime Kiln) in Bolton, MA for the first time last week. I didn't have high expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Some very cool rock spines all over the hill, a trail around an old quarry with some scary exposure and the Ridge Loop trail was really the highlight. Lots of rocky features to ride over and lots of fun turns. Not a lot of vertical but I'll definitely add it to my regular ride rotation.

• Like 1