Weatherman

NMS Spring Gathering 2019

NMS Spring Gathering date poll  

9 members have voted

1. 1. When should NMS Spring Gathering 2019 at Wildcat be held?

• Saturday, April 13, 2019
    • Saturday, April 27, 2019

2 minutes ago, MEtoVTskier said:

Lol! My ski seasons are usually over by the 2nd-3rd week of March. Back to work time...

Some of us die hard. I love April skiing.

• Like 1

I agree, great time to start thinking about this. It was a blast last year!!!  Last year it was on the 21st which is generally pretty perfect timing because it's late enough that most other mtns have closed, but early enough that there should still be good snow.  Unfortunately Easter steals that prime weekend from us in 2019.  I'm voting for 4/27 because It's possible Cannon will still be open 4/13.  My favorite is to be able to catch Cannon's closing weekend and then extend the season at Wildcat.  In fact the Wildcat parking lot last year on 4/21 was packed with Cannon regulars (from this forum and also not from this forum). 

Edit:  Also voting for 4/27 because the Son of Inferno race is on 4/13.  Does this change your vote @xwhaler ????

Edited by Cannonballer

I agree, great time to start thinking about this. It was a blast last year!!!  Last year it was on the 21st which is generally pretty perfect timing because it's late enough that most other mtns have closed, but early enough that there should still be good snow.  Unfortunately Easter steals that prime weekend from us in 2019.  I'm voting for 4/27 because It's possible Cannon will still be open 4/13.  My favorite is to be able to catch Cannon's closing weekend and then extend the season at Wildcat.  In fact the Wildcat parking lot last year on 4/21 was packed with Cannon regulars (from this forum and also not from this forum). 
Edit:  Also voting for 4/27 because the Son of Inferno race is on 4/13.  Does this change your vote [mention=4]xwhaler[/mention] ????
I'm likely out for 4/27 because I'll be working on getting the boat ready for the season. Ideally the inferno ends early and we meet up in C Lot afterwards!

Definitely not ideal timing for me this yr

Sent from my moto g(6) using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weatherman said:

I should have put "Both" as an option. I'm not opposed, but it does dilute the impact.

I'm in for Both !! The first one could be a practice party to make sure we do the second one Right !

Last year was a Blast ! The Band in the parking lot was Awesome !!

• Like 2

I should have put "Both" as an option. I'm not opposed, but it does dilute the impact.
Hey@weatherman just an FYI about site functionally... When I first looked at this thread I was on my laptop. I saw the poll, could see poll results, plus the discussion. Now I'm on the app. I can't see the poll or anything related to it. Only the discussion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I voted for the 27th because it's hard to justify paying for tickets when we have season passes to mountains that are still open.  BW will be open until 4/15 (Patriots Day), so we should be free after that.  Are kids welcome?  We ski as a family, and my 8- and 10-year-olds out-ski me and my husband, and the 5-year-old is really coming along with his parallel turns on the steeper stuff too.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SkiMom said:

I voted for the 27th because it's hard to justify paying for tickets when we have season passes to mountains that are still open.  BW will be open until 4/15 (Patriots Day), so we should be free after that.  Are kids welcome?  We ski as a family, and my 8- and 10-year-olds out-ski me and my husband, and the 5-year-old is really coming along with his parallel turns on the steeper stuff too.

Absolutely ! All pretty low key / chill type of event !

Should we add Sat 4/20 to the list of possible options?
Realizing it is Easter wknd but a couple things to point out. Not sure how many folks actively celebrate Easter (I don't FWIW) and we are talking about Saturday skiing, not Sunday.

Might be interesting to at least see how the votes shake out.

20 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Realizing it is Easter wknd but a couple things to point out. Not sure how many folks actively celebrate Easter (I don't FWIW) and we are talking about Saturday skiing, not Sunday.

Sat 4/20 IS PERFECT !  Kidding aside Saturday would be better, didnt we do it last year on a Saturday ?

Edited by ABV

15 minutes ago, ABV said:

Sat 4/20 IS PERFECT !  Kidding aside Saturday would be better, didnt we do it last year on a Saturday ?

Yes, last yr was Saturday 4/19

• Like 1

That works for me. Easter is traditional ski weekend for me anyway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

I'm up for the 20th or the 27th. Work weekend on the 13th for me.@skimom we are a ski family as well and my guys have been welcomed warmly on several occasions. Got a 10 and 12 yo BTW. Tim was there with his boys last year as well and actually took my daughter (then 9) on some runs when my son wanted to knock off . You should try to meet up, great group of snowheads!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Thanks 1

Tough for me to commit to either, they are 14 days apart.  So I will ikely have both off or just the later but we are headed to Mammoth that week.  SO I'll go with the earlier and piss my whole family off if I'm off for no showing Easter.