Weatherman

NMS Spring Gathering 2019

NMS Spring Gathering date poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. When should NMS Spring Gathering 2019 at Wildcat be held?

• Saturday, April 13, 2019
    • Saturday, April 27, 2019

I am doubtful I will go. I would probably be done driving after 3:40 when I would pass Magic, with 3:10 till Wildcat.

For non passholders should we plan on buying tickets online? Right now they are $36 but only 2 remaining so will creep up from there
There was some talk about getting a group deal of some type last year.    @Weatherman

1 hour ago, xwhaler said:

For non passholders should we plan on buying tickets online? Right now they are $36 but only 2 remaining so will creep up from there
There was some talk about getting a group deal of some type last year.    @Weatherman

Pull the trigger at $36 for sure. When I looked at group tickets last year, we weren't where we needed to be for minimum volume. I've got a meeting scheduled with someone with the power to make discount tickets happen, but it'll be a minute thing if it becomes a reality.

25 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

On the fence for 4/13.  Will depend on Cannon's closing schedule.  Will make every effort though, it was a great time last year!

Cannon has their Pond skimming scheduled for 4/13 so seems highly likely they will be open

Could you do both? Ski at Cannon until early afternoon and then come over to Wildcat when the apres starts ramping up in C Lot (and stay the night at the club?)

https://www.cannonmt.com/events/2019/04/13/blizzard-splash-pond

17 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Cannon has their Pond skimming scheduled for 4/13 so seems highly likely they will be open

Could you do both? Ski at Cannon until early afternoon and then come over to Wildcat when the apres starts ramping up in C Lot (and stay the night at the club?)

https://www.cannonmt.com/events/2019/04/13/blizzard-splash-pond

Wouldn't do both or stay at the club.  Was thinking more that if Cannon extends to the following weekend then the 13th won't be their closing weekend so would be happy to be over at WC. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, Weatherman said:

Pull the trigger at $36 for sure. 

Done! Got the last 2 and they are up to $38 now

I brought my cooler up to the NoCo last weekend. I still need to find my folding table. I saw my tailgating grill in the shed yesterday. Full supply gathering will occur in a week and a half when I return from Whistler.

• Like 1

I brought my cooler up to the NoCo last weekend. I still need to find my folding table. I saw my tailgating grill in the shed yesterday. Full supply gathering will occur in a week and a half when I return from Whistler.
I can bring a folding table

Sent from my moto g(6) using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 1

snowing Monday-Wed at Wildcat and Saturday looks partly sunny and low 40's (albeit with some wind)

They have 4" already this AM and have 44/48 trails open at this point. Should be an awesome wknd!
Looking fwd to heading up Friday night.

Happy Monday!

So far today Wildcat has reported 5" and counting. 46 of 48 trails open. This Saturday is setting up to be a classic spring day with plenty of snow on the ground.

So let's update the roll call so I can be prepare with the appropriate amount of food and beer. Who is planning to attend this weekend?

For those who would like to spend the weekend, several of us will be staying at the Makusue Ski Club in North Conway. We'll largely have the house to ourselves and there is plenty of room. Lodging is $25/night. I can send you details if you're coming. Food and beer is on me.

Friday evening:

- arrival meet and greet
- extensive keg quality testing

Saturday:

- Tailgate in C Lot at Wildcat
- Grill will be lit around noon
- roughly 4-5pm, we'll move shop back to the ski club
- more grilling and keg quality testing to follow throughout the night

Sunday:

- wake up and more skiing

Sounds like another great party!  I am mostly likely out.  I'm going to have 2-3 nephews with me for the weekend.  After already shelling out for their (and my) season passes this year it will tough to swallow buying 5 day tix at Wildcat when Cannon is still open.  I'm keeping the option on the table in case things change and would love to catch everyone if possible.  

I will be there, staying at the club would be Awesome for Saturday night !

20 hours ago, ABV said:

I will be there, staying at the club would be Awesome for Saturday night !

We'll make sure to have a helmet available for your stay at the bar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cannon was was in amazing shape Sunday. We had a great time, didn't see anyone though!

Sounds like another great party!  I am mostly likely out.  I'm going to have 2-3 nephews with me for the weekend.  After already shelling out for their (and my) season passes this year it will tough to swallow buying 5 day tix at Wildcat when Cannon is still open.  I'm keeping the option on the table in case things change and would love to catch everyone if possible.  

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

We'll make sure to have a helmet available for your stay at the bar.

Umm maybe assign me to a 1st floor bedroom too while your at it ! just incase !!!