Sign in to follow this  
fcksummer

Uphill Traffic Problems

Saw this on Sugarbush's snow report. I've been getting tired of the uphill traffic at Cannon mostly because the groups don't seem to think single file is a good idea going around tight corners 😡 Anyone else having problems with people skinning up? 

image.thumb.png.696ed96fa1a4268acf3d20a15020361b.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

Saw this on Sugarbush's snow report. I've been getting tired of the uphill traffic at Cannon mostly because the groups don't seem to think single file is a good idea going around tight corners 😡 Anyone else having problems with people skinning up? 

image.thumb.png.696ed96fa1a4268acf3d20a15020361b.png

Yup the sunday before new years was a cluster F%^k  on lower ravine, loaded with crashing Jerrys and skinners on the way up made for quiet the pinball machine effect

• Like 1

I have skinned up Cannon without issue. It was a weekday so no traffic. I have never had an issue with skinners while I was skiing. They need to stay on the right side of ravine all the way to Taft. they all seem to conform to this. No worse than people stopping on trails. Actually better as people just stop anyway across the trail sometimes across the whole trail. The post said nothing about getting in down skiers way.

20 hours ago, ABV said:

Yup the sunday before new years was a cluster F%^k  on lower ravine, loaded with crashing Jerrys and skinners on the way up made for quiet the pinball machine effect

Yes!  The snow on Middle Ravine was really good, but dealing with that cluster (not aided by the giant whale at an MOST inconvenient location) almost made it not worth it!

• Like 1

Yea, the stuff at Bush is bad. MRG actually asked people to stop earlier in the year. Rumor is that was likely due to the amount of traffic, some November weekends had 50+ people.

Magic has asked people not to on certain days given conditions and I respect that. However, as I pass holder I find their policy on not skinning on powder days before lifts open as BS especially when they are posting videos of others skiing the day before.

Edited by Flying Yeti