Smellytele

MLK weekend snow?

14 minutes ago, WWF-VT said:

I skied Mt Ellen Saturday and Sunday.  No lines and I was virtually alone on Lower FIS mid day on Saturday.  

I will be at Sugarbush Saturday through Monday.  Good news is that I can walk to the lift at Mt Ellen if driving is sketchy on Sunday.   Bundle up - it's gonna be cold !

That's probably around the time I was on Lower FIS on Saturday. I saw a family of 4 and maybe 1 or two other people while I was on it.

As for this weekend...looks like I'm skipping as I have work on Monday and getting home on Sunday would be a nightmare from the looks of things at the moment.

I think I waited for three chairs (like two groups of people in front of me) TOTAL, ALL DAY at Burke last Saturday.

It was great.

-w

• Like 2

How difficult is travel going to be on Sunday morning? The bulk of the snowfall is coming from 7p Saturday through late morning Sunday. With totals in the 1.5' to 3' range during that time it could be nearly impossible to get anywhere. Nevermind having to get out of the driveway!
I only have to go a few miles and I'm still wondering how possible it will be.

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

19 hours ago, WJenness said:

I think I waited for three chairs (like two groups of people in front of me) TOTAL, ALL DAY at Burke last Saturday.

It was great.

-w

Good for the skier, but bad for the mountain... especially on a Saturday!

14 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

How difficult is travel going to be on Sunday morning? The bulk of the snowfall is coming from 7p Saturday through late morning Sunday. With totals in the 1.5' to 3' range during that time it could be nearly impossible to get anywhere. Nevermind having to get out of the driveway!

You'll be able to rent some shovels to those in the parking lots that have buried cars!

28 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

It's going to be impossible. Everyone should stay home

• Like 1
  • Haha 1