xwhaler

Guy gets lifetime ban from all Vail Resorts

I read that earlier today. Hard to say for sure whether it is justified without knowing more about what he did. It could very well be justified and I don't have a problem with a resort banning someone that acts inappropriately. If it is justified, the ONLY thing I have an issue with is Vail not giving him a refund for the pass he purchased THIS year. If they knew he was banned and yet still let him purchase a pass that he would never be able to use, they should refund the money.

That sounds very over the top according to the perpetrator. I wonder if he left some key details out but it sounds like he is just an asshole and deserve a lifetime suspension for a first offense, especially since he had already payed for a pass after the incident.

"At the top, he waved the lift attendant out of the glass-enclosed booth. "He comes out. I'm frozen solid, and I say, 'Can you tell me why this lift is moving so fucking slow?'" Dionne recalled. Things got worse. A second employee, this one a lift mechanic, came out, and Dionne dropped another f-bomb. He intended to apologize during a meeting with Stowe managers a few days later, but it didn't go well."

Just hearing this, it doesn't sound justified. But wait, there's more:

"Further, there had been a 2014 incident at Stowe. Dionne had almost punched a skier who, he said, had deliberately skied into him after a dispute in the lift line. And, Dionne admits, when he worked as a part-time snowboard instructor at the mountain, he was known as an "irritant."

So he comes close to physical violence, and is known as an "irritant", perhaps for a history of being verbally abusive or snowboarding out of control?

It sounds like this guy got what he deserved, and we don't even have Vail's whole side of the story. 

Edited by GrewUpSkiingWachusett

Vail is also handing out 4 week bans to passholders who get caught ducking ropes/skiing closed trails. There was a wild thread on it last week on FB's the New England Backcountry page. I'm all set with $towe anyways. 

Read the article and the comments following, this last one was hilarious.

"If they banned every asshole from the ski resorts, they'd go out of business on the first day, the trees would grow back and we'd lose our New Jersey accents."

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:58 PM, Flying Yeti said:

Vail is also handing out 4 week bans to passholders who get caught ducking ropes/skiing closed trails. There was a wild thread on it last week on FB's the New England Backcountry page. I'm all set with $towe anyways. 

Do you have a link to that thread? I couldn't find it.....very curious to see what happened.

10 hours ago, mgalluzz said:

Do you have a link to that thread? I couldn't find it.....very curious to see what happened.

Looking for it. I know he also had to take "classes". There have been no updates. They pulled him out of the liftline and gave him this...

stowe.jpg