Sign in to follow this  
Weatherman

Wildcat 2018-19 conditions reports

Denser snow than I expect today. Warmer too- 20 degrees at base and 12 at summit. Coverage is excellent. No wind

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

• Like 1

Anyone on the hill today? What's coming from the sky/how's everything holding up in the woods?

Edited by Jully

Weekend update: it was great!

Saturday was bluebird with packed powder and excellent coverage. Some of the typically rocky places were tracked out, but overall excellent. Lower Catapult was the pick of the day. Soft groomer that you could lay it out on.

Sunday was a powder day. About 3" of dense sugar snow that covered everything. Snowed all day. By the end of the day you could rip down anything. That dense snow really held an edge and the breeze pushed it into the troughs creating a smooth surface.  Copy Cat and Tomcat Schuss were exceptional.

Saturday was again a busy day, but they've gotten into the habit of running the Tomcat Triple every weekend day now, so you could avoid the line. Sunday was much quieter and a refreshing return to the Wildcat that I know and love.

Should be very interesting when they re-open tomorrow.  I would imagine a combo of completely scoured sections and multi-foot drifts.  Probably crazy deep off the backside!!

Capture.JPG

Quad is down for repair, word is it has been running slow all week but plenty of fun to be had off the triples. Quick refuel break then back at it, from this morning: 

20190411_111014.jpg

20190411_110827.jpg

20190411_110824.jpg

20190411_111011.jpg

• Like 1

Quad started loading around 2:00 and felt as fast as ever. It was odd to ski frozen corduroy on upper lynx under a mid afternoon april sun. 

• Like 1