Epic powder day. As usual, Cat tracks out fairly quickly, but some very amazing snow fell all day long and was seemingly endless everywhere on the mountain. 

Just like no friends on a powder day, there are no pictures wither. So long as it doesn't rain much, its going to stay really good up there.  

• Like 2

I didn't find much powder yesterday after about 9:30 but I agree the day was epic! I'm sure folks who know where to look found fresh. I was content skiing powder bumps and threading the filled-in boulder fields on hairball, tomcat liftline, etc.

I'm not at all surprised theyre closed today.

I almost went to cannon but made a last second change of mind. I was happy with the choice when I read about wind holds late morning, but I bet kinsman and tramline were amazing yesterday!

• Like 1

I didn't find much powder yesterday after about 9:30 but I agree the day was epic! I'm sure folks who know where to look found fresh. I was content skiing powder bumps and threading the filled-in boulder fields on hairball, tomcat liftline, etc.
I'm not at all surprised theyre closed today.

I almost went to cannon but made a last second change of mind. I was happy with the choice when I read about wind holds late morning, but I bet kinsman and tramline were amazing yesterday!
The wind holds at Cannon let up fairly early, although they made for long lines in morning. Tramline was a shitshow. Never seen so many people on it (including a high percentage of people who shouldn't have been).

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

• Like 1

I'm really surprised that Wildcat gets tracked out quickly. That high speed quad a little too fast? The upper section reminds me of Madonna at Smuggs in that there are not a ton of options and it is gone quickly.

Edited by Flying Yeti

The wind holds at Cannon let up fairly early, although they made for long lines in morning. Tramline was a shitshow. Never seen so many people on it (including a high percentage of people who shouldn't have been).

Sent from my XT1650 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Agreed that way too many on that shouldn’t have. Kinsman had people in there that shouldn’t have been as well. Found powder late day off the backside of mittersill. Great day and they were open today and things were skiing great even with cannonball and Peabody down

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

1 hour ago, Catherine said:

Heading to Wildcat tomorrow.  Thinking wind holds/closed?

Yes, it's closed tomorrow.

The main trails at the Cat track out quickly on a busy day. And Saturday was very busy. You've got to move around.

I've been amazed at just how busy the Cat has been all season. The last numbers I heard had them at more than double last year's revenue to date.

15 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Yes, it's closed tomorrow.

The main trails at the Cat track out quickly on a busy day. And Saturday was very busy. You've got to move around.

I've been amazed at just how busy the Cat has been all season. The last numbers I heard had them at more than double last year's revenue to date.

At least Attitash is open!  Will have to save Wildcat for another day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Wow, that's great!