fcksummer

How Bad Did We Just Get Hosed?

Will you drink more if snow impact is worse in sadness or if snow impact is minimal in celebration? 

I haven't been to a ski area today but in Lakes Region, snow banks are still significantly high and the lawn is nowhere to be seen. So it wasn't a complete melt down. Temps never got above the 30s while it was raining, just cresting at 40* right now and the rain has stopped.

Overall, it looks worse than I expected but not bad at all compared to many January thaws in the past. Plus it all freezes up soon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, thesnowway said:

Will you drink more if snow impact is worse in sadness or if snow impact is minimal in celebration? 

I haven't been to a ski area today but in Lakes Region, snow banks are still significantly high and the lawn is nowhere to be seen. So it wasn't a complete melt down. Temps never got above the 30s while it was raining, just cresting at 40* right now and the rain has stopped.

Overall, it looks worse than I expected but not bad at all compared to many January thaws in the past. Plus it all freezes up soon.

Sadness. I go to Florida this past weekend - miss the powder day and now it's warmer here today than it was in Florida. 😞

Bare ground showing in Chelmsford. Edges are sharpened for this weekend. I don’t really care though. This is a good time for a dry spell as I’ll miss the following two weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Still plenty of snow at Cannon but firm with a few inches on top of it. Might be better after another groom tonight

• Like 1

Sugarbush skied surprisingly well yesterday. 1-3" over boilerplate on the groomed trails. everything was open. Castlerock was nice in the morning as the sun hit it and softened things up a bit. Middle Earth was probably in the worst shape, lift line close behind with a few bare spots on both and some blue ice.

Pick of the day was paradise and the woods to the skier's left.

IMG_20190126_144627.jpegIMG_20190126_145333.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frapcap said:

Those woods look substantially softer than the woods in NH this weekend.

Were they? Everything was first in western Maine yesterday too.

Skied Sunday River from Thursday through the weekend.  They recovered well from the rain.  

Yeah, I was surprised how good Attitash was. The snow drained well.

12 hours ago, frapcap said:

Those woods look substantially softer than the woods in NH this weekend.

yeah, surprisingly soft..much better than i expected. wasnt in NH so cant compare though. 

3 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Yeah, I was surprised how good Attitash was. The snow drained well.

Heading to Attitash tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for good conditions!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Catherine said:

Heading to Attitash tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for good conditions!

Im sure youll be fine ! it skied Great on Saturday considering the weather on last Thursday ! They recover well !!

• Like 2

Not so hot down south.  Wacushett woods are completely bare. On trails all the existing snow was turned into a block of ice which isn't good for this far into the season.  Still they've done a great job making the mountain skiable. Even with the weekend skier load, trails remained in good shape past noon on Saturday.  Great job with the snowmaking and grooming.

1 hour ago, MassNerd said:

Not so hot down south.  Wacushett woods are completely bare. On trails all the existing snow was turned into a block of ice which isn't good for this far into the season.  Still they've done a great job making the mountain skiable. Even with the weekend skier load, trails remained in good shape past noon on Saturday.  Great job with the snowmaking and grooming.

How far south? What is the word on Crotched's woods these days? 

14 hours ago, ABV said:

Im sure youll be fine ! it skied Great on Saturday considering the weather on last Thursday ! They recover well !!

Today was fantastic!  

• Like 1