Cold and dry yesterday. I decided to write off trees and ungroomed, brought only the frontside skis, and ran the groomed all day. Groomers were scratchy but still edgeable. An upside to a hard refreeze after rain is that the groomers can't develop ice moguls - it all just stays flat ice!

I did one lap on middle Hard which was in better shape than I expected. It wouldn't surprise me if surfaces in the woods were in decent shape.

Upper Hard, groomed. IDK if this is rare but it was my first time:

5a095921fa84fc2ddeaab9bf90e9be20.jpg

86d6cc045eee2e6f5988e745f025f89d.jpg

• Like 3

Good call on the carving skis.

Did you stick around during the snow? The traffic in the notch slowed down to a crawl when I went by Cannon. 

1 hour ago, frapcap said:

Did you stick around during the snow? The traffic in the notch slowed down to a crawl when I went by Cannon. 

I still don't know why you were driving during skiing hours.

Huh, I don't remember any snow on Saturday. I was there pretty much all day. Though I did take a couple breaks, mid morning and then mid afternoon. The carving skis definitely made the day. Rossi Pursuit 800's, I give them

10 minutes ago, SkiingInABlueDream said:

Huh, I don't remember any snow on Saturday.emoji848.png I was there pretty much all day. Though I did take a couple breaks, mid morning and then mid afternoon. The carving skis definitely made the day. Rossi Pursuit 800's, I give them emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Having a fresh shop tune was key this weekend. A clean base edge and flat base are really important for gripping this frozen granular.

1 hour ago, SkiingInABlueDream said:

Huh, I don't remember any snow on Saturday.emoji848.png I was there pretty much all day. Though I did take a couple breaks, mid morning and then mid afternoon. The carving skis definitely made the day. Rossi Pursuit 800's, I give them emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Whoops! Got the date wrong. It snowed on Sunday. 

39 minutes ago, frapcap said:

Whoops! Got the date wrong. It snowed on Sunday. 

Right wrong day but the snow hadn't made any difference by 3 as it was just getting skied off as soon as it fell and it was only 2" at the most.