Met an old ski buddy that I haven't seen in 20 years at the tram and got first tram. The wind was hollowing up through the notch in the parking lot. Got to the top and the wind was coming over the top of the mountain. Hit upper Cannon first. the top 100 feet was windblown ice but after that it skied okay. Skied off the cannonball all except Profile which did not look very pleasant and the glades. Everything except Skylight skied well mostly on the edge. Vista Way was the best out of them. Then headed down to the front the edge of zoomer was fine. Gary's was in okay shape. Polly's skied the best. Rocket was a little wind blown and Avalanche was a sheet of ice. I could only manage 2 turns on it so needless to say it was a fast trip down.

My buddies knee was aching a little at this point so we took a break and then took an after break warm up run down lower Hard which actually had the best snow of the day on it. Went back to the top for a few runs which were not as good as the morning runs. Went in at the top and had a few beers. While in there it started to snow. Took a few more runs at the top but the falling snow didn't make it any better and his knee was aching a lot more so we skied back to the tram and called it quits at 2.

• Like 4

We were there yesterday as well, and I was very glad I had just sharpened my edges!  The wind was pretty brutal, and my smaller kids were getting physically blown around at the top, so we stuck to the mid-mountain.  After lunch when the snow started falling, the light was so flat I felt like I couldn't see anything, and the snow just covered the exposed ice but didn't actually improve conditions, so we called it quits just after 1.

It looks like there will be some snow tomorrow into Wednesday, improving things considerably for the weekend!

• Like 2

Middle hard was a very bad decision 

20190127_094547.thumb.jpg.1ef3a7a656b5df5c5a8dd11c270869d7.jpg

Upper lost boys was pretty good

20190127_124303.thumb.jpg.bc7037521ac4a9e8d0e4aed17b119161.jpg20190127_124634.thumb.jpg.b8592664aee82afda6c8f4256fff0bd0.jpg

Vista in the afternoon had the best snow on the mountain. 

Overall, pretty firm and fast but not nearly as bad as it could have been after all that rain.

• Like 1

Almost went into Lost Boys but my friend wasn't up for it as his knee was bumming.

And agree that it was not nearly as bad as it could have been after all that rain.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

Middle hard was a very bad decision 

20190127_094547.thumb.jpg.1ef3a7a656b5df5c5a8dd11c270869d7.jpg

yup that looks interesting ! but have seen it worse !!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Smellytele said:

Almost went into Lost Boys but my friend wasn't up for it as his knee was bumming.

And agree that it was not nearly as bad as it could have been after all that rain.

Didn't miss much. Top section was good but it firmed up about halfway down. 

Vista in the afternoon had the best snow on the mountain. 
 Vista was good on Saturday too. I've never seen it groomed before, pleasant surprise there.

I was surprised to read yesterday that the mittersill chair was wind held while everything else was running. (idk about the Tbar tho.) I wonder if the Mitt chair closing for the day was legit, or could cannon have been using wind as an excuse to be stingy?

16 minutes ago, SkiingInABlueDream said:

Vista was good on Saturday too. I've never seen it groomed before, pleasant surprise there.

I was surprised to read yesterday that the mittersill chair was wind held while everything else was running. (idk about the Tbar tho.) I wonder if the Mitt chair closing for the day was legit, or could cannon have been using wind as an excuse to be stingy?

I'm surprised anything ran yesterday. Some of the strongest wind I've been in. 

• Like 1

The t-bar was running. As far as anything running the wind was not a cross for the most part at the top. It was coming straight over the mountain and face on into the cannonball chair so they weren't really rocking. So it was the same with the tram and Peabody. The wind while horrible in the tram lot wasn't bad on Zoomer. Now for why Mittersill double was closed I am not sure.