Great day and great turns.  Best day of 2019 at Cannon.  Lifty Shot, Gunsight and Obvious.  All awesome. Lost Boys and Go Green were awesome. First tracks in Echo.  Too much to think about which one was best. 

Edited by Puck it
  • Like 1

Quick video edit of the first 2hrs.  After that things got 'woodsy' and the cam didn't come out.  Something messed up with the audio and I don't have the time or patience to fix it.  Hum your favorite song....

Edit:  Audio repaired, new link.  Not sure how much it adds to the experience, you still may want to hum your favorite song....

Edited by Cannonballer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thx for showing the ski blow out.  The ski base looks like it has the damage.

image.png.2f05c6b20a3191cad24f5764a9b07e1d.png

Edited by Puck it

Wow that looks fun. What a day! How was Gunsight? I have never skied it but talked to someone who had earlier in the season and it sounds fun. My only worry is being able to find it OK (I think I know how, just not 100% sure) and whether the trees get really tight near the bottom. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 5:59 PM, GrewUpSkiingWachusett said:

Wow that looks fun. What a day! How was Gunsight? I have never skied it but talked to someone who had earlier in the season and it sounds fun. My only worry is being able to find it OK (I think I know how, just not 100% sure) and whether the trees get really tight near the bottom. 

Gunsight was good. It was my second time doing it and I thought it was better this time than when we did it later in the year last season.

It's not too hard to find but doing it without a guide can be a intimidating. There's nothing too tight. Anything tight is a traverse and the steep areas open up.

Gunsight was good. It was my second time doing it and I thought it was better this time than when we did it later in the year last season.
It's not too hard to find but doing it without a guide can be a intimidating. There's nothing too tight. Anything tight is a traverse and the steep areas open up.

I need someone to show me the way.
On another note I Finally was able to ski DJ’s yesterday. It was fun , a little technical just below tower one.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Smellytele said:

On another note I Finally was able to ski DJ’s yesterday. It was fun , a little technical just below tower one.

I'm sure we'll do Gunsight again at some point if you want to catch up. Preferably after some fresh or a deep spring corn day.

DJs was really nice yesterday. Not too scraped off and pockets of untouched still. 

20190202_095030.jpg

20190202_095257.jpg

20190202_095301.jpg

Keep in touch. Can always use company on those routes. Teles are the best tool for the job too. A bit of rolling terrain to get there.

Keep in touch. Can always use company on those routes. Teles are the best tool for the job too. A bit of rolling terrain to get there.

I will. Thanks

Does anybody know how much rain Cannon got last night and this morning? I'm hoping not too much. Snow-Forecast says they will get another 0.4" of rain on Thursday night, and that's it. The 0.4" is similar to most resorts in NH/ME/North VT, though South VT is supposed to get close to 1.0" of rain.