Sign in to follow this  
MadRussian

Southwest Airlines... this is ridiculous

in the past several years. I went out West mostly from Boston and only twice fly Southwest from Providence. Each time my plastic case for skis busted. Not to mention my skis didn't coming back to Providence with me on the return flight

.First, box they simply punched huge hole in front. Second, box have huge cut ... Not totally busted but need to figure out how to repair

never had problems with others

Edited by MadRussian

Do you want help repairing or getting money from Southwest. Its best to criticize companies where they can see it, as many companies have people trying to get negative posts taken down. The New York Times recently recommended complaining on social media as opposed to over the phone to deal with customer service.

Not that it helps, but you're not alone. Last time I flew Southwest they trashed my ski bag. Ripped a hole in the very heavy material, broke a zipper, ripped a strap off. The damage seemed way beyond accidental, it must have taken some real effort.

2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

Not that it helps, but you're not alone. Last time I flew Southwest they trashed my ski bag. Ripped a hole in the very heavy material, broke a zipper, ripped a strap off. The damage seemed way beyond accidental, it must have taken some real effort.

Did you make the claim? if you did what was the results?

my experience only 2 for 2 flying into Providence. Find out hasn't been the problem. Damage was done only on return flights. One several years ago with connecting flight several Chicana and one this week connecting flight through Orlando.

Did you make the claim? if you did what was the results?
my experience only 2 for 2 flying into Providence. Find out hasn't been the problem. Damage was done only on return flights. One several years ago with connecting flight several Chicana and one this week connecting flight through Orlando.
I didn't make a claim. Didn't seem worth the aggravation.

I also didn't..... first time. But twice in a row.

The only way imo to make airlines to change procedure or teach personnel properly handle this kind of luggage is to get their attention to  the problem by  make the claim every time. If they end up paying for the damage EVERY TIME. Eventually there will make some adjustments

what's the point off Southwest convenience and 2 suitcases policy if I have to buy new box  every time I'm flying with Southwest

1 hour ago, MadRussian said:

The only way imo to make airlines to change procedure or teach personnel properly handle this kind of luggage is to get their attention to  the problem by  make the claim every time. If they end up paying for the damage EVERY TIME. Eventually there will make some adjustments

what's the point off Southwest convenience and 2 suitcases policy if I have to buy new box  every time I'm flying with Southwest

You can also post on Twitter or Facebook to hurt there brand image. It increases the damage for them.

Yup I agree. The difference is that you flew with them again. I didn't and won't. I learned my lesson and voted with my wallet.

My ski bag is of nice quality (LL Bean) but is old and the zippers are corroded from infrequent use. Going out to Utah last yr with it was the first time it had gotten used since 2009. I spent probably an hour+ in advance of the flight getting the zippers lubricated but could only get one going.

I used the straps but was nervous both ways that the zippers was gonna blow out and my skis, poles, and a lot of clothing/booze was gonna get all separated and I'd never see any of it again.

Luckily no issues. Transfered in Chicago both directions with Southwest.

SW is probably my favorite domestic airline all things considered. Only thing I don't like is the inability to pre select your seat.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Just opened up my ski bag after my trips. Noticed scratches on the bases from where sand somehow get in there. Need to be more careful securing the skis with straps.

This was my first time flying Swiss Air on a trip. They were very lenient on the baggage policy. If you objected to the charge, they gave up. Hauled all sorts of crap with me.