Sign in to follow this  
kdaffy

Tree skiing

Pretty cool video.

Got me thinking, the east seems to be often overlooked in ski media related to tree skiing.

I think tree skiing in the east, is some of the funnest and most challenging skiing I've done. The tight lines are pretty unique here and I really like that challenge. On a pow day eastern trees are pretty much at the top of my list of places I'd want to be.

What is your opinion, do you prefer our trees or those elsewhere?

Eastern trees for sure. Tight glades like at Wildcat are my absolute favorite. I usually spend the first half of my powder days skiing trails then dip into the woods around 11 and don't leave them until lifts close.

Wider open trees I just get bored with, the moguls aren't as nice and would rather be on a narrow bump trail. 

I love me some tight trees!

I was surprised at Crested Butte last year. They had plenty of tight glade runs. So its not just the east. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, Cannonballer said:

I love tight eastern trees! Probably overlooked in ski media simply because it's so challenging to film in tight trees.

^^^^This.  I like tight trees but at times I get sick of them just because you have to dial the speed back.  It is a lot of fun to just hard charge through Western open trees.