Jully

2019-2020 Season Passes

Passes seem to be coming out earlier and earlier every year.

Boyne (Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Loon) released their pass pricing for their now annual "Flash Sale" from March 4-10: https://www.sugarloaf.com/season-passes

They've combined their young adult passes into a single "Nitro New England Pass" and ditched the Bronze Plus Pass from last year. Other than that, prices remained roughly the same IIRC. $739 for a Silver Pass.

Ikon Passes also go on sale March 5. Prices up $50 across the board, but $30 off if you are renewing.

https://www.ikonpass.com/en/2019-2020-ikon-pass-on-sale

Everything else is the same.

Peak Pass info being released in early March last I heard.

• Thanks 1

Disappointing that the Ikon pass is still worthless to the owners of passes at its partners unlike the Mountain Collective.

3 hours ago, Jully said:

Boyne (Sugarloaf, Sunday River, Loon) released their pass pricing for their now annual "Flash Sale" from March 4-10: https://www.sugarloaf.com/season-passes

They've combined their young adult passes into a single "Nitro New England Pass" and ditched the Bronze Plus Pass from last year. Other than that, prices remained roughly the same IIRC. $739 for a Silver Pass.

I have the Bronze Plus this year. I don't like losing that option. I'll end up downgrading to Bronze instead of upgrading to Silver for next year.  

Makes sense to get a jump on things... try to steal passholders from other mountains/chains before having your own passholders stolen away by the competition.

I'd like to see what happens to Jay. I've continued to play the field recently, though I was a Jay pass holder in the past. If Jay gets added to a multi-mountain offering without a price bump (or even perhaps a price decrease), that would be hard to pass up.

13 minutes ago, thesnowway said:

Makes sense to get a jump on things... try to steal passholders from other mountains/chains before having your own passholders stolen away by the competition.

I'd like to see what happens to Jay. I've continued to play the field recently, though I was a Jay pass holder in the past. If Jay gets added to a multi-mountain offering without a price bump (or even perhaps a price decrease), that would be hard to pass up.

I'd like to see what happens with the Mountain Collective personally. I'm going to skiing out west a bit less next year, so the full boat price of an Ikon + a full eastern pass would be nice to avoid (ski too much back east to be able to use just an Ikon and Okemo/Sunapee/Stowe don't work for me coming out of Boston.

Also need to look at the non Ikon/Epic pass options that combine east and west.

We're looking at spending a lot for passes next year.  $979 x 2 for the adult superpass, $359 x 3 for kids Cannon pass, free kids BW pass with their ski rentals. $649 x 2 for the adult Ikon Base, $159 x 3 for kids Ikon Base.

Total = $4810 (ouch!)

We are weekend/school vacation skiers who have a place in NH and ski every weekend.  The Ikon will be new for us, but we plan to go west next year.  The cost for tickets for a week out west is slightly more than the Ikon, but this will allow us to ski at Sugarloaf, Loon, Sunday River, and Killington as well. 

• Like 1

Super Passes pricing
White Mountain Super Pass

The White Mountain Superpass offers unlimited skiing and riding at Bretton Woods, Cannon, Cranmore and Waterville Valley! That’s 309 trails and glades, 40 lifts, 1,185 acres, 6,900 vertical feet and NO BLACKOUT DATES, making it the season pass with the most skiing in New Hampshire.

On or Before
May 31, 2019On or Before
Nov. 30, 2019
On or After
Dec. 1, 2019
Adult (18+)$979$1119$1219Teen (13-17)$569$689$789Junior (5-12)
$469$589$689Child (5 & Under)**$50$50$50

2019/20 Bretton Woods Winter Mountain Pass

The Bretton Woods Winter Mountain Pass features unlimited alpine skiing and riding at Bretton Woods, including night skiing and all normal operating hours ... with no blackout dates! Plus, Winter Mountain Pass holders enjoy preferred parking on weekends & holidays* as well as additional discounts and benefits around the resort!
*Based on a first come, first served basis. Begins 12-21-19 through 3-15-20.

Winter Mountain Pass Pricing:
 On or Before
May 31, 2019On or Before
Nov. 30, 2019
On or After
Dec. 1, 2019
Adult (18-64)$819$999$1109Teen (13-17)$499$599$629Junior (5-12)
$439$539$569Child (4 & Under)*$25$25$25Senior (65-79)$629$769$829Senior (80+)$25$25$25
BUY WINTER MOUNTAIN PASS ONLINE

2019/20 Bretton Woods Midweek Expedition Pass

Season long alpine skiing/riding at Bretton Woods Monday-Friday, non-holiday, during regular daytime operating hours with the following restrictions:

Additional Days

Daily, Opening day thru December 13, 2019.

Daily, March 16, 2020 thru closing day.

December 16, 2019 thru March 16, 2020, valid Monday-Friday with blackout dates

Blackout Dates:

December 25, 2019 - January 1, 2020

January 20, 2020 

February 17 - 21, 2020                                

Midweek Expedition Pass Pricing:   On or Before
May 31, 2019On or Before
Nov. 30, 2019
On or After
Dec. 1, 2019
Ages 5+$299$379$399

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ragged has signs in the lodge saying watch for  Mission Affordable season passes coming out in March. Guessing the same deal will apply ($259 early buy with no blackouts)

The mtn has been pretty swamped since XMas week (was quiet before then)

We're likely going to going totally free agent next yr and accumulating a lot of vouchers. My family enjoys the variety and I like exposing my kids to different mtns.
I also like the possibility of catching up with old friends at various points during the yr at their home mtns.
We can pick and choose where to go based on conditions and events at the mtns (as an example Ragged is no fun on days they host high school races)

49 minutes ago, SkiMom said:

We're looking at spending a lot for passes next year.  $979 x 2 for the adult superpass, $359 x 3 for kids Cannon pass, free kids BW pass with their ski rentals. $649 x 2 for the adult Ikon Base, $159 x 3 for kids Ikon Base.

Total = $4810 (ouch!)

We are weekend/school vacation skiers who have a place in NH and ski every weekend.  The Ikon will be new for us, but we plan to go west next year.  The cost for tickets for a week out west is slightly more than the Ikon, but this will allow us to ski at Sugarloaf, Loon, Sunday River, and Killington as well. 

Yup, it hurts!  We are in the same boat.  We don't have kids but we pay for our 3 nephews.  We end up with:

Cannon: One NH resident $546, One out of state adult $729, 2 teenager superpasses $569 x2, 1 College superpass $289.   Loon: 2 Bronze passes $499 x2.  Total $3,700.  Ugh!

I'm contemplating three options, one is the Superpass, one is Icon unlimited, and lastly is Ragged with Icon Basic - gives us a bunch of options for early and late season. The SP is definitely more money but we can ski BW and Cranmore for our week at Attitash Mountain Village, and day trips to Cannon and Waterville are pretty easy up 93 for us

I have wrapped myself around the axle more times than I care to admit attempting to patch together an alternate but in the end there is nothing remotely close to the value offered by peaks for our family. We will surpass 50 days this weekend on a total pass cost of less than $600 for my daughter and me. 

Dont ski attitash so dont care about the chair. My singular complaint is Wildcat's habit of staying open midweek for mass april vacation and closing for nh week. Forced me to buy a k spring pass this year, not bad because the kid is still free at k but will be expensive next year.

My dream is for wildcat to build a glacier on lower catapult, let it bump up and run the triple daily through may 1, then weekends until the snow is gone. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thebigo said:

My dream is for wildcat to build a glacier on lower catapult, let it bump up and run the triple daily through may 1, then weekends until the snow is gone. 

What a dream! Wildcat management is very honest that they will never open without the quad skiable.

I have the Bronze Plus this year. I don't like losing that option. I'll end up downgrading to Bronze instead of upgrading to Silver for next year.  
Actually... Boyne's decision to drop the Bronze-plus means that we won't be buying any Loon pass at all. Going with Ikon instead. Their loss, our gain.

2 hours ago, Cannonballer said:
On 2/26/2019 at 2:26 PM, Cannonballer said:

Actually... Boyne's decision to drop the Bronze-plus means that we won't be buying any Loon pass at all. Going with Ikon instead. Their loss, our gain.

I do wonder why they dropped the pass in the first place. It seemed to fit a really nice niche and I feel like crowds were up on Sundays this year. Maybe that is just an illusion on my part and it didn't actually sell well at all.

On the topic of Boyne's Eastern Pass Options, then there is this one only offfered at Loon.

http://www.loonmtn.com/season-passes/access-pass

Sounds just like Killington's Beast365 pass.  The only catch is Loon's DH Mountain Biking won't debut until later in the fall this year.  Would love for SR to offer something like this, but unlike Loon, they are not open daily in the summer so that is probably the reasoning.

• Like 1

On the topic of Boyne's Eastern Pass Options, then there is this one only offfered at Loon.
http://www.loonmtn.com/season-passes/access-pass
Sounds just like Killington's Beast365 pass.  The only catch is Loon's DH Mountain Biking won't debut until later in the fall this year.  Would love for SR to offer something like this, but unlike Loon, they are not open daily in the summer so that is probably the reasoning.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been doing a deep-dive on Loon's pass options all week, yet I still managed to miss this. I will probably do this once they start offering MTB (that's been a long time coming for Loon!). Until then it's not quite worth it to me even with a house in view of Loon's slopes. With the add on of MTB it should be a no-brainer. The only bummer is that it's not like other Loon ski passes that are good at SR & SL.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Machski said:

Loon's DH Mountain Biking

Sweet! I had no idea they were going to start offering this. I just read about it. Trails will be built by Highland which means they'll be worth the trip.

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Any idea what the pricing will be like for the Epic Pass?

I'd assume almost identical to Ikon. 

17 hours ago, Jully said:

I'd assume almost identical to Ikon. 

Epic Pass - $939 (Unrestricted to Stowe, Okemo, Sunapee)

Epic Local -  $699 (Unlimited access to Stowe with Holiday Restrictions, plus unlimited, unrestricted access to Okemo & Mount Sunapee on the Epic Local Pass. )

Ikon Pass - $949 (Unrestricted at Stratton, 7 days no blackouts at Killingotn/Pico, Sugarbush, Sunday River, Loon, Sugarloaf)

Ikon Base Pass - $649 (5 days and Holiday Restrictions at all NE mountains)

Edited by LItoCOtoBOS
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Man, is the WMSP really worth $760 more than an EPIC local? (Based on a family of 4). That's nuts to me.

I think the price is being pegged high because of Bretton Woods.