Jully

2019-2020 Season Passes

2 hours ago, xwhaler said:

Peak pass pricing is out...buy starting tomorrow

https://www.peakpass.com/

Same setup but as someone noted earlier this year, blackout dates now apply at Crotched. Anyone know if they'll do dining cards again?

42 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Makes sense but damn.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I really wish there was more flexibility with the WMSP. The price on a Cannon only pass coming as an out of stater is hard to justify given all the other multi mountain options, but the WMSP is too much more on the dollar side without much gained on the resort side for me personally (YMMV obviously).

I'd almost never ski Waterville and Cranmore and I'd go to BW only a handful of times. Makes it frustrating that BW is the one driving the price.

I really wish there was more flexibility with the WMSP. The price on a Cannon only pass coming as an out of stater is hard to justify given all the other multi mountain options, but the WMSP is too much more on the dollar side without much gained on the resort side for me personally (YMMV obviously).
I'd almost never ski Waterville and Cranmore and I'd go to BW only a handful of times. Makes it frustrating that BW is the one driving the price.
The only reason I am/was contemplating it is I have a week in Bartlett which I could ski BW and Cranmore midweek and ski Cannon and Waterville as day trips/cheap weekend lodging with easy access up 93.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Cannonballer said:

Just purchased Ikon-base pass.  Worthwhile in New England alone or out west. Definitely a bargain if you do both. 

Agreed, definitely a bargain. Just curious, what is the advantage to purchasing now as oppose to waiting until more mountains release their info?

I will 99% buy the Ikon Base Pass (have it this year & really enjoyed it), but I will be waiting to up until a few days before the price goes up to purchase the pass. Just in case something major happens -- like a Jay Peak announcement ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LItoCOtoBOS said:

Agreed, definitely a bargain. Just curious, what is the advantage to purchasing now as oppose to waiting until more mountains release their info?

For me there aren't going to be other options.  I always get a full Cannon pass and will do that again.  I had planned on getting Loon Bronze-plus, but since they dropped that pass option the IKON mostly covers all of the Loon & Sunday River skiing I do.  Additionally it adds Killington (for late and early season), Sugarbush (my favorite eastern resort), other decent eastern resorts, and I plan on doing a at least one western trip next year.  Also, doesn't hurt that Valle Nevado is on there.  I have friends in Santiago and it would be a great excuse to visit them and get some summer skiing. I can't imagine that any other pass will be released that offers all that. 

I am buying the Ikon again this year, worked out good for me with a Alta Bird trip, Sunday river trip, big sky trip, plus an day so far at Sugarbush, have plans in April for Killington . 

Ragged cheap pass with no blackouts is $279 (up from $249 2 yrs ago and $259 this past yr but still a phenomenal deal from a price standpoint)
We are moving on however---the cheap passes drive crazy volume to the hill and the parking/lodge has become nuts once XMas hit.
The mtn has enough terrain to satisfy if the glades are open but skis sort of small otherwise. 
Our plan is to go total free agent and bounce around to 20-24 mtns next season as a family. Give us some variety and avoid crowds when appropriate + ski more with folks I dont get to see as much.

https://www.raggedmountainresort.com/Season-Passes/

Think free agent as well this year. It will cut into my ski days but I am going to have a new job and won't be able to get out as much anyway. 2 kids in college doesn't help either. Although one is going to Norwich in VT so hope to get in some days at the Bush and MRG or Stowe. Could also hit Pico or K. Maybe Whaleback on a Friday afternoon or Dartmouth skiway. 

Wondering about the Freedom Pass but thought Whaleback was on it but I guess it isn't. And granite gorge is now closed...

Whaleback's site says they are part of it but the Freedom site doesn't show it...

Whaleback pass for $249 would also give me 3 days at Magic, Bolton, Dartmouth, Black. 50% off at K and Ragged

17 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Whaleback is on the Freedom Pass

http://freedompass.ski/

I had some old link or linked in off the Magic site

http://s288603809.onlinehome.us/freedompass/

Your link is much better - Thanks

think I am leaning towards this. Throw in some 50% off days at K and Ragged and maybe grab a https://www.mychamplainvalley.com/ski-and-ride-card

I wish there were a more compelling day trip mtn that could act as a quick hitter for us that was on the Freedom Pass. WB is 80 miles each way but the drive "feels" long.
If someone like Tenney got on the Freedom pass with a cheap pass I'd give that some real consideration.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

I wish there were a more compelling day trip mtn that could act as a quick hitter for us that was on the Freedom Pass. WB is 80 miles each way but the drive "feels" long.
If someone like Tenney got on the Freedom pass with a cheap pass I'd give that some real consideration.

Tenney would be a nice add for me as well.

10 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

image.png.54257a984248ae4e45d2c000597c76ea.png

Lost Valley in ME is missing on the Freedom. The prices for these passes would be a great addition to the chart. while some prices vary with age groups and blackouts/ WE vs WD add to the complexity.

Purchased 19/20 Ikon-Base pass.  A few of the resorts on that pass offer spring skiing for this season.  Already booked Squaw trip for mid-May!  I've skied a lot out west, but never in CA. 

What a dream! Wildcat management is very honest that they will never open without the quad skiable.
I wonder why that is? Marketing early and late season as having most skiable vertical?

I also think running Bobcat out late season would be great, but with Bobcat trail, not Catapult. Maybe set up a temporary bar outside the Ski Team building. I assume it has bathrooms?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

On 3/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, Cannonballer said:

Purchased 19/20 Ikon-Base pass.  A few of the resorts on that pass offer spring skiing for this season.  Already booked Squaw trip for mid-May!  I've skied a lot out west, but never in CA. 

Last season there weren't too many lifts still open at Squaw by mid-May.  My day at Squaw driving between Oregon and Mammoth was Monday, May 7, which was just after the last weekend for KT-22 and perhaps another lift.  My ski buddy and I were pretty much done by 12:30. By then it had warmed up to the point that having lunch at the top of the mountain was more fun than continuing to ski.  We downloaded on the tram.  We could see people skiing to the base on a narrow strip of snow on the cat track groomer, but there were sections they had to be pretty careful or take off skis and walk for a bit.

Oh, by the way, I skied at Cannon yesterday for the first time.

• Like 1

Tenney is selling their pass for $289---however I still question the value when they openly state on FB they don't plan to begin making snow until Early January
When Ragged has been open since Dec 1 and at $279 it's hard to hear Tenney won't make any snow until after the New Yr...that's almost un heard of in the industry and I think speaks to their overall lack of awareness/experience.

Most yrs December will be lean in that part of NH for natural snow--hard to bank on them being open many days before they lay a base down I would think.

Again though, if they got on the Freedom pass one could ski around a bit in December before 10E opened.

Image may contain: text

23 minutes ago, xwhaler said:

Tenney is selling their pass for $289---however I still question the value when they openly state on FB they don't plan to begin making snow until Early January
When Ragged has been open since Dec 1 and at $279 it's hard to hear Tenney won't make any snow until after the New Yr...that's almost un heard of in the industry and I think speaks to their overall lack of awareness/experience.

Most yrs December will be lean in that part of NH for natural snow--hard to bank on them being open many days before they lay a base down I would think.

Again though, if they got on the Freedom pass one could ski around a bit in December before 10E opened.

Image may contain: text

The crux of the problem with a Tenney pass is that it's for "...every day that Tenney is open....".   Which isn't a lot of days, and those days are unpredictable.   They open very late in the season, they aren't open seven days a week, they are closed frequently when you'd expect them to be open, etc.  Unless you live right there you're probably much safer with day passes. 

• Like 2

Also is an advertisement that is not obviously a stock photo from halfway around the work to much to ask for?

• Like 1

Someone suggested it to them last yr on FB and they said they would look into it but nothing ever came of it.
I've also suggested to Tenney again today on FB it may be something they should look at (no reply yet)