Jully

2019-2020 Season Passes

Just added to Ikon:. Access to all of Matterhorn ski paradise, including Zermatt in Switzerland (Rothorn, Gornergrat and Schwarzsee-Matterhorn glacier paradise), plus Cervinia-Valtournenche in Italy.

Just added to Ikon:. Access to all of Matterhorn ski paradise, including Zermatt in Switzerland (Rothorn, Gornergrat and Schwarzsee-Matterhorn glacier paradise), plus Cervinia-Valtournenche in Italy.

This as all one ski area. Cervinia is the backside of the Matterhorn Glacier Paradice. You have to pay a few Swiss franks to access Cervinia from Zermatt. I have skied Zermatt, but did not go to Cervinia due to wind. The ridge is high up their, and it’s a 4 hour drive between base areas. No public transportation. Also different countries with different currencies but no customs.

This as all one ski area. Cervinia is the backside of the Matterhorn Glacier Paradice. You have to pay a few Swiss franks to access Cervinia from Zermatt. I have skied Zermatt, but did not go to Cervinia due to wind. The ridge is high up their, and it’s a 4 hour drive between base areas. No public transportation. Also different countries with different currencies but no customs.

Both don’t use the euro?

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

4 hours ago, Smellytele said:

Both don’t use the euro?

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Swiss francs on the Zermatt side and Euro's on the Italian side. 

Switzerland is not in the Eurozone. But they are in the customs union, and for EU cell phone customers, it’s a domestic call and they cannot he charged to roam in Switzerland

6 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

If I remember you bought in the spring, does vail do the buy in march and ski free this spring deal? I called today, $450 for my family to switch. Not worth it for a few days at sunapee but thinking about breck next april vacation week.

Edited by thebigo

On 9/24/2019 at 7:04 PM, thebigo said:

If I remember you bought in the spring, does vail do the buy in march and ski free this spring deal? I called today, $450 for my family to switch. Not worth it for a few days at sunapee but thinking about breck next april vacation week.

All I could find was a note in the FAQ that said "Spring benefits for season passes are valid during the year in which the pass was purchased. Summer access and operating dates varies based on resort."  There was a link for details but that webpage doesn't exist any more.

7 hours ago, MarzNC said:

All I could find was a note in the FAQ that said "Spring benefits for season passes are valid during the year in which the pass was purchased. Summer access and operating dates varies based on resort."  There was a link for details but that webpage doesn't exist any more.

Best I can determine epic is the only major pass that does not offer new purchasers to ski free in the spring. Does not make any sense, no place is busy in late march, april or may. Would think they would want any f/b/lodging dollars they could get. Also give people an incentive to buy early - hold onto their money longer, keep their money if there is a life event in the summer. All a part of getting used to our new overlords I guess.

Edited by thebigo

The incentive to an Epic pass early, meaning before May or whatever the spring deadline ends up, are getting more perks like Buddy Passes.  What VR really wants people to do is sign up for the automatic renewal program.  $49 in the spring and a full commitment to pay the balance later.  Also get perks during the summer.  That has had value for people in Colorado and around Tahoe.  Probably W-B too.  What will happen in the northeast . . . is TBD.

I found one reference in Colorado to special discounts on a special Passholder Recognition day last spring that were good with a 2018-19 or 2019-20 Epic pass.  But no mention anywhere about lift access in Spring 2019 with a 2019-20 pass.