Sign in to follow this  
Benski

Sit-Skis

5 minutes ago, Benski said:

I find the videos of people ripping in sit-skis really cool. Does anyone know people who have tried these? All my friends are able bodied so I don't know anyone who would, but I am curious if they are really hard to pick up.

https://twitter.com/TetonGravity/status/1100459433400782848?s=20

I agree, super cool!  I have a buddy who works the adaptive program at Cannon and Bretton Woods.  When he had knee surgery a few years ago he spent the season messing around on the sit skis he had access to.  Said it was the most fun he had in years!  He was able to handle lower-intermediate terrain within a few days. 

55 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

I agree, super cool!  I have a buddy who works the adaptive program at Cannon and Bretton Woods.  When he had knee surgery a few years ago he spent the season messing around on the sit skis he had access to.  Said it was the most fun he had in years!  He was able to handle lower-intermediate terrain within a few days. 

So I guess just a bit harder than regular skiing? I introduced a bunch of new skiers to skiing Saturday, and some where able to handle blues right after a late afternoon grooming. We are talking college students so they should be moving up in skill more quickly than everyone else.