Still working on it. Almost went to Greek today, but midterms stoped a friend. Trying to figure out a way to go to Platty Friday.

22 hours ago, Jully said:

Sugarloaf Fri-Sun.

Was superb last weekend and should be even better now. 

3 hours ago, SkiMom said:

Sugarloaf Sat & Sun

AZ Summit? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Flying Yeti said:

AZ Summit? 

She has some really good timing for the loaf ! Great time to be going !

I saw they're opening the backside snow fields at Sugarloaf.  How intense are they?  The 10-year-old is always wanting to ski the hardest thing he can, and so far he's been able to handle it all (DJ's and Kinsman at Cannon, Left Gully on Tucks, etc.).  How do the snow fields compare?

Edited by SkiMom

9 hours ago, SkiMom said:

I saw they're opening the backside snow fields at Sugarloaf.  How intense are they?  The 10-year-old is always wanting to ski the hardest thing he can, and so far he's been able to handle it all (DJ's and Kinsman at Cannon, Left Gully on Tucks, etc.).  How do the snow fields compare?

They're a bit steeper than the top pitch of Nitro and for about 5x as long. It's mega wind-packed soft snow right now, so not icy and not powdery relatively speaking. Aka: the 'easiest' conditions to ski them in.

It's a 5ish minute walk over some rocks to get there, not sure what your 10 year old will think about that.

This was taken today:

IMG_20190301_130317.jpg

Edited by Jully
  • Like 1

They're a bit steeper than the top pitch of Nitro and for about 5x as long. It's mega wind-packed soft snow right now, so not icy and not powdery relatively speaking. Aka: the 'easiest' conditions to ski them in.
It's a 5ish minute walk over some rocks to get there, not sure what your 10 year old will think about that.
This was taken today:
IMG_20190301_130317.thumb.jpg.134c127616c1eba97cee2327183baa7f.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for feedback. The walk won’t phase him...he regularly hikes the saddle at Cannon and even hiked Lafayette last week. Maybe we’ll see you there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Took the 8 and 10-year-olds down the snow fields on Saturday. I’m a big wuss and it was the steepest thing I’d ever skied, but we all had fun and made it down in 1 piece !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrewUpSkiingWachusett said:

Was anybody skiing at Cannon today? I am curious how conditions are. Also, looking at the mountain report it looks like they lost power and some of the lifts were briefly offline?

Was good prior to the power outage. Tough visibility but good snow.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

Was good prior to the power outage. Tough visibility but good snow.

@Jully That's good to hear! Is there still powder on the trails because the power outage limited the amount of skiing that happened, or is everything tracked out at this point?

1 hour ago, GrewUpSkiingWachusett said:

@Jully That's good to hear! Is there still powder on the trails because the power outage limited the amount of skiing that happened, or is everything tracked out at this point?

Not sure to be honest. I took a long off map run mid morning and by the time I got back everything was shut down.