Sign in to follow this  
2manyhobbies

Can DH Riding in New England keep growing?

Apparently the answer is "Yes." I just learned from another post that Loon will start offering lift-assisted DH riding this season. Since 2014, there have been at least 5 resorts to start offering it (Sunapee, Okemo, Thunder Mountain, Suicide 6, and now Loon). That means I'll get to try 2 "new" resorts this season - Suicide 6 and Loon. I wonder if we'll reach a saturation point and if some resorts will start to pull back. The only places I've ridden that have had "long" lift lines are Highland and Thunder.  By long, I mean maybe a 5-10 minute wait. Killington never seems to be that crowded. The same goes for Burke, Sunapee, and Okemo. I have actually been the only person riding the lift and trails at Sunapee before. I'd be curious to find out how many visits it takes to turn a profit. It seems the initial investment would be fairly significant; trail building, bike racks for the lift, rental fleet, etc. But after that, is it a fairly low cost offering? Regardless, the more the better I say. I can't wait to try some new trails this season!