Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cannonballer

What's playing in your helmet?

Recommended Posts

It seems like almost everyone I ride/ski with is adjusting helmet tunes throughout the day. I know from experience that the playlist in my helmet can significantly change how I'm experiencing and approaching any given day or run.  So I find it interesting that a group might be skiing together but listening to entirely different music and probably experiencing the day differently as a result. If 3 people are skiing together and one is listening to bluegrass, one is listening to death-metal, and one is listening to Yanni they might all be experiencing the same slopes in a very different way (not good or bad). 

So what's going on in your ear pads?   For me it depends on the weather, the snow conditions, and my mood. Usually reggae, trip-hop, ska/punk or some blend of all of the above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

It seems like almost everyone I ride/ski with is adjusting helmet tunes throughout the day. I know from experience that the playlist in my helmet can significantly change how I'm experiencing and approaching any given day or run.  So I find it interesting that a group might be skiing together but listening to entirely different music and probably experiencing the day differently as a result. If 3 people are skiing together and one is listening to bluegrass, one is listening to death-metal, and one is listening to Yanni they might all be experiencing the same slopes in a very different way (not good or bad). 

So what's going on in your ear pads?   For me it depends on the weather, the snow conditions, and my mood. Usually reggae, trip-hop, ska/punk or some blend of all of the above. 

I usually go with Classic Rock ! Ive have a long playlist on Spotify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put my iphone on shuffle - Grateful Dead, Rage against the Machine, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Allmans, Alice in Chains, Beastie Boys, Bob Marley and the Whalers, Johnny Cash,...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't ski with tunes- like to be aware of my surroundings. 

 

However- I am known to sing 90's pop songs on the lift and while finding a groove in the bumps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, frapcap said:

I don't ski with tunes- like to be aware of my surroundings. 

 

However- I am known to sing 90's pop songs on the lift and while finding a groove in the bumps. 

I play mine low enough so I can have conversations and hear what is going on around me. With it in my helmet and not directly in my ear I can still hear pretty well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love music. But I don't listen while skiing. The sound of snow being moved by my skis is music enough to my ears.

Might be nice on the lift but I often end up talking with people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I play mine low enough so I can have conversations and hear what is going on around me. With it in my helmet and not directly in my ear I can still hear pretty well.
^ this. I can have a lift conversation and hear all my surroundings on the slopes. Also, can easily turn it down or up as needed at any time while actively skiing/boarding/riding lifts/lift lines/etc. Basically the same as driving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

That explains so much

Give me your best "set a speed record on avalanche" song. I need some new motivation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

Give me your best "set a speed record on avalanche" song. I need some new motivation 

Something that makes you stoked to go fast, or something that makes you not care if you die?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Something that makes you stoked to go fast, or something that makes you not care if you die?

 

Hmmm...that's a tough one. How about one of each 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Puck it said:

Whitney!  Musical genius. 

I thoroughly enjoy singing "I wanna dance with somebody" when getting on the lift for the first time of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Mobile Apps available!

Please try our mobile apps for iOS and Android

×
×
  • Create New...