Sign in to follow this  
Cannonballer

What's playing in your helmet?

It seems like almost everyone I ride/ski with is adjusting helmet tunes throughout the day. I know from experience that the playlist in my helmet can significantly change how I'm experiencing and approaching any given day or run.  So I find it interesting that a group might be skiing together but listening to entirely different music and probably experiencing the day differently as a result. If 3 people are skiing together and one is listening to bluegrass, one is listening to death-metal, and one is listening to Yanni they might all be experiencing the same slopes in a very different way (not good or bad). 

So what's going on in your ear pads?   For me it depends on the weather, the snow conditions, and my mood. Usually reggae, trip-hop, ska/punk or some blend of all of the above. 

7 hours ago, Cannonballer said:

It seems like almost everyone I ride/ski with is adjusting helmet tunes throughout the day. I know from experience that the playlist in my helmet can significantly change how I'm experiencing and approaching any given day or run.  So I find it interesting that a group might be skiing together but listening to entirely different music and probably experiencing the day differently as a result. If 3 people are skiing together and one is listening to bluegrass, one is listening to death-metal, and one is listening to Yanni they might all be experiencing the same slopes in a very different way (not good or bad). 

So what's going on in your ear pads?   For me it depends on the weather, the snow conditions, and my mood. Usually reggae, trip-hop, ska/punk or some blend of all of the above. 

I usually go with Classic Rock ! Ive have a long playlist on Spotify

I just put my iphone on shuffle - Grateful Dead, Rage against the Machine, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Allmans, Alice in Chains, Beastie Boys, Bob Marley and the Whalers, Johnny Cash,...

I don't ski with tunes- like to be aware of my surroundings. 

However- I am known to sing 90's pop songs on the lift and while finding a groove in the bumps. 

25 minutes ago, frapcap said:

I don't ski with tunes- like to be aware of my surroundings. 

However- I am known to sing 90's pop songs on the lift and while finding a groove in the bumps. 

I play mine low enough so I can have conversations and hear what is going on around me. With it in my helmet and not directly in my ear I can still hear pretty well.

I love music. But I don't listen while skiing. The sound of snow being moved by my skis is music enough to my ears.

Might be nice on the lift but I often end up talking with people.

I play mine low enough so I can have conversations and hear what is going on around me. With it in my helmet and not directly in my ear I can still hear pretty well.
^ this. I can have a lift conversation and hear all my surroundings on the slopes. Also, can easily turn it down or up as needed at any time while actively skiing/boarding/riding lifts/lift lines/etc. Basically the same as driving.

26 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

That explains so much

Give me your best "set a speed record on avalanche" song. I need some new motivation 

10 minutes ago, fcksummer said:

Give me your best "set a speed record on avalanche" song. I need some new motivation 

Something that makes you stoked to go fast, or something that makes you not care if you die?

5 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Something that makes you stoked to go fast, or something that makes you not care if you die?

Hmmm...that's a tough one. How about one of each 

17 hours ago, Puck it said:

Whitney!  Musical genius. 

I thoroughly enjoy singing "I wanna dance with somebody" when getting on the lift for the first time of the day.