Probably the last major significant snowstorm of the season--where is everyone headed?

Sunday: Ragged (too much going on to ski both days this wknd and concerned about winds on Saturday)

Smuggs almost certainly Friday.

Saturday depends on wind. Jay, Smuggs, MRG, and Cannon are all options. I'll see what the wind forecast looks like tomorrow before making that call.

Sunday if snow pans out at either Killington or SB.  Decision to be based on snowfall totals at each.  Skipping Saturday due to winds and potential with wet, pasting snow to delay detachables.

SB both Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully lifts are running Saturday.

Same. I am bringing skins and have a Mad Pass as backups. I will be with someone with only a Sugarbush pass and no skins though.

3 minutes ago, Benski said:

Same. I am bringing skins and have a Mad Pass as backups. I will be with someone with only a Sugarbush pass and no skins though.

I only have a SB pass and no skins...but also will be with an Ikon passholder who has never been to SB. Really would be nice to be able to show him how awesome SB is.

4 minutes ago, cdskier said:

I only have a SB pass and no skins...but also will be with an Ikon passholder who has never been to SB. Really would be nice to be able to show him how awesome SB is.

Good to here, I got a feeling its going to be crowded. There is not a lot of lodging availability, and the storm made the top of the national news today. I wonder if these Ikon passes are encouraging people to ski later into the season?

Hmm?
Saturday Was going to go to Cannon. Wind out of northwest...
Sunday staying local to use my last 2 vouchers for pats peak

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Sat: Cannon or Bretton Woods (wind dependent)

Sun: Cannon

Monday: Likely BW as I'll be solo with all 3 kids and the bigger ones can have more freedom without an adult at BW (less dangerous stuff to get hurt on)

17 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Saturday - BW gonna test their no wind hold claim I guess.
Sunday - Cannon - no way I'll try them Saturday!!

I haven't seen the latest wind forecast yet. But Cannon can do okay with NW winds. Depends on the speed. South is death for Cannon. But they can often run the lifts at Cannon when NoVT gets knocked offline with NW wind. At the least, I would think Zoomer goes. I'm more partial to Cannon for Saturday than any area in NoVT... but I'll be bringing the skins regardless.

Snowing like crazy when I came through the notch today. Rain/mix as soon as I got down to the Lincoln area. Smuggs got skunked but I am sure it will pick up overnight. Left around noontime when the snow tapered off, it got foggy, and lower mountain was sticky mank city. Roads in VT about as bad as I have ever seen them for a non-major storm (at least this early into it) from Hardwick to Danville Rt 15/2 and I-91/93. Never been so happy to cross the state boarder back into NH where DOT knows how to get it done.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Benski said:

Good to here, I got a feeling its going to be crowded. There is not a lot of lodging availability, and the storm made the top of the national news today. I wonder if these Ikon passes are encouraging people to ski later into the season?

Sugarbush will be a zoo tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, thesnowway said:

I haven't seen the latest wind forecast yet. But Cannon can do okay with NW winds. Depends on the speed. South is death for Cannon. But they can often run the lifts at Cannon when NoVT gets knocked offline with NW wind. At the least, I would think Zoomer goes. I'm more partial to Cannon for Saturday than any area in NoVT... but I'll be bringing the skins regardless.

I going to go for it tomorrow and hit Cannon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thesnowway said:

Roads in VT about as bad as I have ever seen them for a non-major storm 

I will second this.  I 91 north of Lyndonville was absolutely terrible.  I couldn’t believe the condition it was in for the amount of snow that had fallen.  

As others have mentioned, it's pretty crazy how sharp the line was all day. In Lincoln it rained, it flurried, it dumped gigantic snowflakes, but it never accumulated even a 1/4”.

Sugarbush crowds are a nightmare today. Lines are at least twice as long as I’ve ever seen them, if not three times as long. Awful. We bailed for Mad River Glen where it’s marginally better, even with the single chair down (which appears to be opening as I type this)... 

MT Ellen and North Lynx been closed all day. Heavens gate only opened after lunch. Before 8:30 only valley house was open, then for 5 minuets no lifts till bravo opened. Valley house was closed for about 20-30 minuets.

Cannon was pretty much amazing today. Lower Mountain open all day. 15-20" of fairly dense powder. Upper mountain opened around noon. Windy, low viz, drifts 3-6 feet! They actually had a guy at the bottom of the Cannonball warning people away from getting on the chair. That kept the trails almost empty. Fresh tracks every run.
IMG_20190323_152324_232.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cannonballer said:

Cannon was pretty much amazing today.

I concur. On my first run, I couldn't believe how deep Paulie's was given they were open yesterday and only reporting a few inches over night. Insane!

I haven't had a day like that at Cannon in very, very a long time. I'm totally drained and very sore, not skiing Cannon as much as I used to has made me soft!

I was on the look out for a pair of boarders including one dressed in all purple that I see in many of your photos but never saw you guys.

Edited by thesnowway

Sugarbush was crowded when the lifts closed today. There were defiantly a significant amount of people who waiting at Castlerock and Heavan's Gate when they closed. Usually after 2:30 the line goes away at those lifts, if and I have never seen lines there after 3. I bet some people waiting 20 minuets for Casterock only to miss last chair, unless they ran the lift late to get people out of the chair's corral, which is not uphill from anything.