Sign in to follow this  
Weatherman

Sackler family buys controlling interest in Peak Resorts

I regret that I have to share this and only found out after renewing my pass. I would have thought twice. Hat tip to @deadheadskier for sharing. From the VT Digger:

The Sackler family, facing a multitude of lawsuits for fueling the nation’s opioid epidemic, has purchased majority ownership in Mount Snow’s parent company, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings.

The Sacklers obtained 54% voting power in Peak Resorts last November through a public company called CAP 1 LLC, SEC documents show. The Deerfield Valley News first reported the Sacklers taking effective control of Mount Snow.

I think owning Hunter and selling pain killers is a conflict of interest. Hunter must generate so much business for that industry.

There's a lot of things people would have to boycott if they knew who actually had significant ownership interests in them...

I definitely have a bit of a moral conflict now with my spend with Peak. On the one hand, I don't want the Sackashitlers receiving a dime of my money. On the other hand I enjoy so many of the staff at Wildcat and any Boycott of Peak by me would harm those folks more than the Sacklers

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

37 minutes ago, deadheadskier said:

I definitely have a bit of a moral conflict now with my spend with Peak. On the one hand, I don't want the Sackashitlers receiving a dime of my money. On the other hand I enjoy so many of the staff at Wildcat and any Boycott of Peak by me would harm those folks more than the Sacklers

I'm certainly not defending them by any means, but to be honest, they've been getting your money for several years already. You just didn't know it until now. And you're 100% right that any boycott will hurt the local communities and staff at the mountains far more than it will hurt the Sacklers. A lot of people saying they will boycott are completely missing that point.

Fuck the Sacklers and fuck Peaks by association. Outside of Wildcat they own a bunch of Joey magnet resorts so a personal boycott of my annual day ticket to Wildcat isn't likely to do much but I do hope people boycott and put enough pressure on the shareholders to try and oust the Sacklers.