Killington, A Basin and Loveland are all making snow. My only question is the North Ridge quad finished? After last year I don't trust chair lift companies to finish on time. 

Killington

A-Basin making snow

Loveland

BTW as a write this I am hoping I successfully embedded a Facebook video because Facebook will no longer just give you the link.

Edit. If you go to embed > advanced settings Facebook gives you a link. I after 4 tries I was not successful at embedding.

Edited by Benski

11 hours ago, Benski said:

Killington, A Basin and Loveland are all making snow. My only question is the North Ridge quad finished? After last year I don't trust chair lift companies to finish on time. 

Killington

A-Basin making snow

Loveland

BTW as a write this I am hoping I successfully embedded a Facebook video because Facebook will no longer just give you the link.

Edit. If you go to embed > advanced settings Facebook gives you a link. I after 4 tries I was not successful at embedding.

Quad is finished. Management has said it will be tested and ready to go on the 9th.

A basin opened today and Keystone is opening tomorrow. Anyone know what Keystone is opening?

Schoolmarm to paymaster running Montezuma lift. Need to take gondola up and then lap Montezuma then gondola back down.

On another note, A Basin was good today for WROD got our mugs too. It is clear epic is not there anymore it was ski on ski off in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app
  • Like 1

Didn’t Abasin join Ikon?

I am impressed with Keystone. I thought they be significantly slower since they are lower elevation and they need to open longer trails

18 hours ago, Benski said:

Didn’t Abasin join Ikon?

I am impressed with Keystone. I thought they be significantly slower since they are lower elevation and they need to open longer trails

Yes, but you only get 7 days max on Ikon at A-Basin.  So without unlimited option, looks like most chose to not burn a limited day on WROD.

Need to end this mild weather and bring a nice sustained period of cold nights here in the east. Not looking to promising over the next ten days.

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

Just looked at the k webcams and the top looks all white and superstar and ovation are white above the last cutoff between the 2

On 10/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, Smellytele said:

Just looked at the k webcams and the top looks all white and superstar and ovation are white above the last cutoff between the 2

They claimed 4 inches on the upper mountain, but did not make any this event.  Weather is not looking good for October turns in the East this year.  We need a hard pattern shift.

Too bad. I am interviewing for jobs and might need to go to Burlington and/or Waterbury this week or next week for interviews.

Despite moving out to Seattle I've been super bored and keeping track of whose making snow on the east coast, interesting race this year

Killington started mid day today https://www.killington.com/the-mountain/webcams/mountain/north-ridge-cam

Sugar Mountain NC started last night and is shooting for a Sunday opening  http://www.skisugar.com/

snowshoe wv is starting tonight or tomorrow ( Facebook comment) 

I am surprised it was cold enough. It was around 50 in Burlington today. Also it was so windy lake Champlain had surf like the ocean.

Mimers: Are you unhappy with Seattle? I am also thinking of moving there.

Sunday river and wildcat are also making snow. Surprised a bit that vail chose wildcat.

So far the Seattle area itself feels like a more populous Burlington area of Vermont. People are generally much nicer than those in Boston or New York. However if you leave the bubble around Seattle a lot of the state is ruled by drugs and is in a pretty sad state at the moment 

skiing I'll have a better handle on in a few months, nothing opens till thanksgiving and good skiing (Stevens/baker/crystal) are 2 hours away. Snoqualmie is closer but gets way less snow, Stevens is second closest but has no parking after 9am. However you can totally hike ski powder in the higher elevations already and timberline even opened for 1 day in October after a storm ( I sadly woke up too late to drive the 4 hours) and they only closed like September 1st. 

45 minutes ago, Benski said:

Wildcat has always opened early.

Yeah but who knows what Vail will do/pick for early season /late season long term . Best case would be they do what they did in Colorado and designate and put there resources into getting one of them to compete with killington now.

1 hour ago, Benski said:

Wildcat has always opened early.

Only since they upgraded there snow making not too many years ago (and a few freak October 2-3' storms before that). But no surprise new owners would continue with recent standard operations.

Edited by thesnowway

Killington is now open top to bottom. They are also simultaneously making snow on superstar and Snowdon. I guess they have more capacity this year.

I skied Sunday River Saturday. T2 & Sunday Punch. Top to bottom with some of the best opening day snow I can remember. But the line at the bottom was ~1 hour and the mid station was better, but only for pretty short runs. I'm glad I did it, but would not have if I didn't have a season pass. 

And today Sunday River instead of being open to the Public with a salute to our Veterans, has Locke spinning for a private day for Gould and perhaps a few other race teams.  Unreal, and the NE Gold pass is only the most expensive product in the Northeast these days.  Moving to Killington with their 4 season offerings is looking better and better.  Boyne and SR keep sticking their feet in their mouths!  Reminds me of K's Neyburg days.