Bretton Woods opening day.

It's always kind of funny to me the way that Bretton Woods consistently scoops first to open in New Hampshire. The massive NH player, Loon, rarely ever tries to go early. Boyne gets their cred with Sunday River. Cannon is stuck in its state-run, fiscal-year, budget-plan, whatever. Wildcat, which should be the major player, hems and haws about getting it or not each year. So BW takes the honors again. And for free/charity.

The noon opening saw about four rows of cars in the parking lot and a half full ski rack outside the lodge. Opening bell had about 30 people waiting for the chair to spin. I was maybe 8-10 chairs back but jumped up to the third when I realized that people were loading in 2s and 3s.

Range View was the only open trail. Conditions felt like Mid-winter. Typical of BW, the center 3/4ths was groomed, with generous ungrounded on both sides. The 10 degree temps and blazing guns sent everyone inside quickly. It was ski-on by 2nd run.

For me it was a great way to kick it off.

IMG_20191113_121442739.jpegIMG_20191113_132729784.jpegIMG_20191113_141007976.jpeg

• Like 4