xwhaler

Roll Call January 4-5 2020

Saturday - Cannon

Sunday - Cannon

Planning to ski Cannon Saturday afternoon after the snow starts flying. If the snow looks to be setup good, I'll be back for Sunday. Possible audible for NoVT if the Sunday night forecast is more favorable that way.

Mix of everything at Cannon today (except for clear skies). Some rain, snow, fog, hero slush, ice. Overall good snow with tough visibility.

• Like 1

Cannon was kinda 'eh' this afternoon. Upper mountain natural snow held out surprisingly well from the warmer temperatures, if a bit sticky. Groomers were rough everywhere I went. Heading over to Mad River tomorrow to mix it up, they are pretty much at 100% open. 

Edited by thesnowway

Skied 10:30 to 4:10 today at Mt. Ellen everything was good except lower FIS which had been closed till today and was crusty. Nice snow above 3000 feet. Visibility was terrible. At time I was skiing off feel for the snow instead of trying to see the ice and moguls.