• $615 raised

Goal: $300

Dublin and London - must see list

Heading on a family vacation to Dublin and London in the next month.  Any suggestions on must-see items in either place would be appreciated.

Also, with a family of 4, how would be the best way to handle phones and data plans?

15 minutes ago, hammer said:

Heading on a family vacation to Dublin and London in the next month.  Any suggestions on must-see items in either place would be appreciated.

Also, with a family of 4, how would be the best way to handle phones and data plans?

Depends on your provider. A lot offer international service for $10/day. I'm not sure if that is per line or per plan. I just use my work phone when traveling over seas.

Never been to Dublin (beyond the airport). Some must-see London suggestions:

• Imperial war museum
  • Tower of London
  • Windsor Castle

If you are going to Windsor Castle, think about a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge. You can do it all in one day.

re phone: I would recommend unlocking your phone/sim and buying a prepaid plan from vodafone, o2, tesco, etc.  30 pounds gets you a reasonable amount of data and minutes (12gb and unlimited UK minutes, calls to the US will drain your account quickly as they are 1.50 gbp/min, so best to use VoIP or something else).  On my last trip for 5 days, i ran out as i reached the airport, and was using the phone in a normal fashion, including skype video to home, GPS, video, etc.

Lots of great places to visit in both your destinations, depends what you are interested in doing/seeing.

Watching the change of the guards at Buckingham Palace, Tower of London (Crown Jewels) and Tower Bridge, Parliament, Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square.  I got around on using the Tube which was pretty easy.

If you can get out of London, Oxford University is really cool to tour (takes a bit of time), Stratford-upon-Avon is also very interesting due to Shakespeare influence and then there is Blenheim Palace (Churchill's)

Watching the change of the guards at Buckingham Palace, Tower of London (Crown Jewels) and Tower Bridge, Parliament, Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square.  I got around on using the Tube which was pretty easy.

If you can get out of London, Oxford University is really cool to tour (takes a bit of time), Stratford-upon-Avon is also very interesting due to Shakespeare influence and then there is Blenheim Palace (Churchill's)

I never would have thought to tour Oxford. What is there to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

2 hours ago, Weatherman said:

I never would have thought to tour Oxford. What is there to see?  The library has many original Sharespeare writings, the observatory, high up views of Oxford, museums, etc. .  It is made up of 30 colleges and they all have unique things to see.  it was fun for me!

Might give you an idea - http://www.experienceoxfordshire.org/venue/oxford-official-walking-tours/

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Edited by dblskifanatic