2/26 - 2/27 - Medium Storm Watch (Update: North NE gets buried)

I'm skeptical because we've been burned too many times this season. But I think I have one more burst of hope and enthusiasm in reserve. Please don't let me down again.

I'm going with 3" of wet in Lincoln, NH. With all wet to the South, and 4-8" in northern NH.

• Like 1

Ripping snow above 2000’ feet at most resorts. Upslope in the northern greens should last through tomorrow. Maine will also clean up. Whites and central greens up high will do well.

Maybe a repeat next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Northeast Mountain Sports

1 hour ago, SkiBearded! said:

Ripping snow above 2000’ feet at most resorts. Upslope in the northern greens should last through tomorrow. Maine will also clean up. Whites and central greens up high will do well.

Maybe a repeat next week!

Next week better be a nice repeat. It'll be my last weekend of skiing in New England before I leave.

• Like 1

Bonkers!

I fear that Saturday is gonna be nuts everywhere. All day I've been hearing from friends who ski less than 10 days per year. They are fired up to go somewhere this weekend.

Meanwhile Cannon seems to have been screwed. As a watched the radar Thursday all I could see was a big green middle-finger running right up through the notch with blue all around it.

I think Jay had a storm total reported this morning of 14" and it snowed until 1pm so definitely more than that. It felt like a lot more than 14" up there!!! Very few people there, not much wind but it was a tough wind direction for Jay as it kept the tram offline all day and the Freezer offline until after 1pm. By then, Tramside was already pretty tracked out. Having the Bonnie/Freezer/Tram on wind hold yesterday was great for today.

Still lots of great loose powder and occasional untracked turns when I left! But it isn't going to last very long on Saturday. I think the rain (even in the mountains before the snow) was a downer and most folks didn't realize how big this thing was going to be in some areas. Even I wasn't sure about Jay... but Cannon was not inspiring when I drove past it this morning. Word is out and the weekend should have savage crowds for sure. The Thurs/Fri storm cycle continues!

The official JP photo as shown above was an anomaly... I didn't see any drifts like that. Pretty cool shot, though.

Edited by thesnowway
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Smellytele said:

Was at Stowe yesterday. 30”!!! Incredible! Lost for words to explain the day!

Bring some back to Cannon. We got negative inches

9 hours ago, Smellytele said:

Was at Stowe yesterday. 30”!!! Incredible! Lost for words to explain the day!

Saw this posted on Reddit. Pretty much explains everything

e594097.thumb.jpg.3ddd794593c90924769647b14161f8cd.jpg

• Like 1