Live Picture & Condition Updates

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At Cannon fish and game stole my parking spot. What they were doing would let you know the conditions today. They were practicing alpine rescue on zoomer. Ice axes, ice screws, snow stakes and misc c

Hijacking @Cannonballer's thread for live updates but requesting that people upload pictures when they are out and about as well as quick text updates. I plan to re-post the pictures on various social

Endless Visibility this AM at Cannon Hardpack but edgeable. Low crowds Fun AM with my family and @PuckIt Sent from my moto g(6) using Northeast Mountain Sports mobile app

Posted Images

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of rain last night and 60F when we woke up.  Not good.  Upper Cannon has some breaks in it.  Tramway and Upper Ravine look ok from what I can see.  Taft looked ok yesterday from Sugar Hill side.  Missing Link has some snow. Big Link has nothing.  Pray for cold.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. Too bad for the snow lose, but it sounds like Cannon did okay considering how much rain fell and how warm it was.

Any other year, I'd be very disappointed. This year, I'll just be happy if they can open and stay open. For now, bummer but I'm content with a final day walking around in a tee shirt before the cold sets in.

I had to run to North Lincoln to pick up freshly tuned skis at Sport Thoma as Cannon's shop was not saying they would be done before opening day.

Guns are on down low.  Middle Ravine is on. Rock Garden, Mid Lower Cannon, Toss Up and down by Eagle Cliff are on.  There are no guns on by the base or under the quad.

6 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Looks like they should finally be able to really crank it up next week. Wild like to see some action over on Zoomer too.

The hoses are hooked to the guns on Rocket and Gary's.  There were tracks from the little snowmakers cat on the trails. I forgot to mention that last night.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Puck it said:

The hoses are hooked to the guns on Rocket and Gary's.  There were tracks from the little snowmakers cat on the trails. I forgot to mention that last night.

Nice.  So they are probably focused up top because temps are marginal. Then will hammer down low next week when it gets legit cold. They could have a lot ready to open by by the 11th or 12th. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Cannonballer said:

Nice.  So they are probably focused up top because temps are marginal. Then will hammer down low next week when it gets legit cold. They could have a lot ready to open by by the 11th or 12th. 

You are probably right on that point.  I just noticed that Big Rink has fired up also.

Guns back on.   Upper Ravine again including Upper Cannon and Tramway.  All with the tower guns.  Big Rink and Missing Rink are on with stand guns but they need a lot of love.  Middle Cannon is still untouched.  

Well over a foot at Cannon's front five, maybe a foot and a half. Hard to tell, exactly. Very dense, fabulous skiing. They didn't brush Avi or PF very well during the off season. They look really bad from down low, and you need to pick your line carefully as some of the brush is almost as tall as I am. But turns were as good as they get for that dense snow, no bottom... just undulations and water bars.

I hit Avi, Paulie's, Zoomer, Zommer Lift, and Banshee Lift. Skin stickiness was gone after all of those transitions. I got tired of flailing when the skin clips came off, so I called it after five runs. It was good enough that I would have kept going for a few more cycles if it wasn't for that PITA issue.

Guns were on down to Mid Cannon. Not sure why they were not blowing to the base. Rock Garden was picked clean, no surprise. Probably a very aspect dependent storm. No reason to go to the summit on these types of early season storms. Steeper was better due to density, so stay low where the best blow in and least wind is.

• Like 1

Transfer station run again today.  So I drove by Cannon base.  Middle Ravine is on again along with Lower Ravine.  I could not tell about Gremlin.  Guns off on Lower Cannon and Up.  Guns on around Eagle Cliff, Quad, Peabody base and Brookside Quad.  

No guns on the front five but all tracked out.